Sound deadener/ undercoating opinions wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sound deadener/ undercoating opinions wanted

Think I may have found a product by Second Skin that would do the job and be able to be covered by bedliner material for durability. It is called Firewall and the rep says it will work for my application. We shall see.
    Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

Originally posted by ponchoman
      Originally posted by Matt Cramer
      I wouldn't use Peel & Seal for a heat barrier - it's asphalt based and I'm not sure it would hold up well for that.
      If by "peel & seal" you mean the stuff like Damplifier Pro and Dynamat Extreme - that is totally incorrect. Those products may "look" the same, but are not asphalt based. http://www.secondskinaudio.com/vibra...r-pro.php#tab4

I initially thought all those silver backed products were the same as well.
      I meant that specific brand, sold in Lowe's at the roofing section and about the same as low end sound deadener at a much lower price. I didn't mean the good stuff.

Comment

I coated the inside of the Blazer with Nason's bedliner and it works great for abrasion and not much else. We saw the lizard skin demo at sema It seemed to work as advertised. The whole display was set up like the guy selling knives a mall so take it as you will. They say you can top coat it but I'm a little wary of covering water based anything. Why not get some junkyard carpets and if they don't fit perfectly slice and dice until they do. Or there is the jc whitney fix. It is not perfect but at $90.00 it might be adequate.

Steve
        Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

Working...
        X