converting leads on a Plasma cutter.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• converting leads on a Plasma cutter.

I have a hate/love/hate relationship with thermal dynamics. the short story is I had to replace my last machine because they stopped making parts for it 5 years after it was produced. They suckered me in with big dollars off trading that machine in, but then I found that Radner put a proprietary cutter on the machine, which leads us to today. They don't make consumables for it anymore. not just that but the ignitors are junk.

But there is a solution, new torch. Benefit of this is that both of my machines will use the same consumables, down side is the kit isn't, exactly right...
    part of this is dumb me - I have an updated torch... cannot find it after the move and I need it now

new kit

my favoritest task ever... wiring
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

I admire how well thought out the system is... as I alluded before, Thermal dynamics is not prone to make things easy... so lots and lots of cases - but inside is similar.
    If you're doing this, pay attention to the main power line - the instructions never mention you have to transfer it - it's sort of obvious but not really...

and mostly back together... it works

Comment

Nice. There are too many engineers in the world that need to change stuff that works just so you have to buy new. Last project like this I did was changing my alpha tig to a water cooled torch, it was more machining than wiring though. I got a new mig torch for my Hobart that ended up looking like this with the adapters required. All I can suggest to you is to remove the torch when you store it because it seems to want to catch anything possible that is next to it and starts getting sloppy since it seems to hang out farther. Dont know when anyone will decide to make a 90 degree connection for those things.

Comment

Originally posted by anotheridiot View Post
        Nice. There are too many engineers in the world that need to change stuff that works just so you have to buy new. Last project like this I did was changing my alpha tig to a water cooled torch, it was more machining than wiring though. I got a new mig torch for my Hobart that ended up looking like this with the adapters required. All I can suggest to you is to remove the torch when you store it because it seems to want to catch anything possible that is next to it and starts getting sloppy since it seems to hang out farther. Dont know when anyone will decide to make a 90 degree connection for those things.
        and then I can put that torch somewhere safe.... maybe next to to the other torch that I cannot find.... great idea!

I kid, I plan on removing it when I store it... weird thing, it came with this really cool pelican case to store it in along with the cord... never used it...

Comment

Working...
        X