Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Custom MSD spark plug wires

did you get it figured out Jeff?

Funny, I spent half the day yesterday with the guy who designed/manufactures the Pantera coils: Lance Nist. this guy is a trip!! He is also one of the REAL "EFI godfathers" - he was tuning CanAm cars with EFI when the OEMs were just starting to dabble in it. He also filed the original patents for high res, missing tooth wasted spark ignitions and crank trigger ignitions - like on JeffMcKC's car.

-scott
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
      did you get it figured out Jeff?

Funny, I spent half the day yesterday with the guy who designed/manufactures the Pantera coils: Lance Nist. this guy is a trip!! He is also one of the REAL "EFI godfathers" - he was tuning CanAm cars with EFI when the OEMs were just starting to dabble in it. He also filed the original patents for high res, missing tooth wasted spark ignitions and crank trigger ignitions - like on JeffMcKC's car.

-scott
      I will have all unassembled parts on monday.
      Just waiting for a final wire length measurement and we should have some bitchin' wires.
      MSD tech was of great assistance.

Comment

Doc Tues I will take the v covers with me to the heads and measure
        2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
        First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
        2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
        2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC
          Doc Tues I will take the v covers with me to the heads and measure
          Just opened the box and everything is here.
          I will rough build the coil ends and finish the plug end on site.
          -james

Comment

Are you guys running no resistance racing plugs, ex. Autolite 3924's? During our recnet dyno outing we switched to some resistor NGK 8's to try and eliminate a tach in siganl interfernce that was causing a high RPM miss. All the EFI guys seemed to think resistor plugs are mandatory with EFI. They read 3 ohm's compared to zero through the Autolite's.

Btw Todd is the man, he's helped me out numerous times.
            Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

I run NGK -9 series and have seen very stable tach function up to 8500.

Comment

Working...
              X