Galvanized metal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Galvanized metal

Thanks for the article. It certainly makes one think that we may be overly sensitive to this issue.

Comment

It make me wheeze, cough up junk, and gave me a nasty headache for an extended period. Other than that, no probs. From my perspective - I'll avoid it.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by horsewidower
        Thanks for the article. It certainly makes one think that we may be overly sensitive to this issue.
        How so? I'll avoid " fever, chills, thirst, headache and nausea" whenever possible

Tig welding it isn't the best way to go. It'll spatter a lot, and you'll be constantly contaminating the tungsten. That, and the easiest/cheapest way to avoid the fumes is much better than normal ventilation, and tig is a lot more sensitive to gas flow problems with a stiff breeze.

Comment

My point, if there was one, was that I avoid welding the stuff like the plaque. It appears that with some relatively low cost precautions that one can avoid the " fever, chills, thirst, headache and nausea". If you have to weld galvy, it gives you some tips.

Comment

Working...
          X