TCI Claimer balancers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TCI Claimer balancers

My 327 makes maybe 325 horse on a good day. I never spin it above 6k. I need another balancer; my OEM balancer has seen over 6k ;D and is spun; I cannot set my timing with a timing light. I'm considering a TCI "Claimer" unit. Would you trust it for a stock-ish application like mine?

Free Shipping - TCI Auto 872041 with qualifying orders of $109. Shop Harmonic Balancers at Summit Racing.

OR

Free Shipping - TCI Auto 872042 with qualifying orders of $109. Shop Harmonic Balancers at Summit Racing.
    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Re: TCI Claimer balancers

I would say any quality stock replacement or improved unit like the TCI would work in your application.... I don't think you need an SFI approved unit.
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I definitely don't. But I don't want one that will spin, either.

How common is it for factory balancers to spin? Both of mine are, and my buddy's 71 C-10 with a 300-hp 350.
      The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Gene - I think it's an age thing more than anything - factory balancers are getting pretty old now - and there is just good old rubber between those two big chunks of metal...

For sure change it out before it comes apart on you and does far more damage than the price of a new one.

Perhaps call the guys on the summit techline and talk it over with them - sometimes they come up with solutions that aren't easy to find in the catalogue.
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
        X