64 A 100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64 A 100

Does any one know what rear end would have come in an old dodge A100. I know that they came with a slant six but would it have been an 8 3/4 cause it was basically a truck. Thanks for any responses

Re: 64 A 100

would guess it would be an 8-3/4 you can tell pretty quick if you can look at it....no cover bolts on the back = 8-3/4
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Check the door tags if it still has them, most are on there,rearend,trans,and even give the ratio it came with.

Comment

Pretty sure they all came with an 8-3/4. Also pretty sure most were Sure-Grips. 3:55's were in my '65. Even with a stock 318 it would really scoot off the line but go flat around 65 mph.

Comment

I would say the 8 3/4. In the mid 70's I looked at a A100 for my brother. It was a slant six and had a 727 from the factory. It caught my attention and could see that it used a factory adapter plate to mate the two.
          Tom
          Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Should not need an adapter, they were pretty common in trucks/vans.

edit: Oh....they had an adapter thru 68 to use a small block V8 trans, then they started making the slant 6 case for the 727.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I looked at one a couple years ago and recall (vaguely) a diff cover under there...so I wouldn't say for sure you get an 8 3/4.

Comment

Working...
              X