NOS Sniper Jets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOS Sniper Jets?

I've been all over the Internet can can't find a listing for NOS Sniper jet sizes, timing recommendations, etc. The NOS website has a bunch of listings for these but nothing for the Sniper system, and nothing for a 50 HP hit on a 250 engine. Seems like they would have a page where you would put in your displacement, engine mods, and desired HP shot from the nitrous and it would give you recommended jets and tune to start with. But NOoooooo.

I'm thinking these sizes may be pretty system-specific as the solenoids, line diameters, etc. vary with the style of kit. The Sniper system uses pretty small lines (-4) and solenoids and is only good for a max of 150 HP (not going that far).

Any suggestions?

Dan

Re: NOS Sniper Jets?

Don't use jets.....just use the line to regulate the flow... ;)

Then you will go more fasterer.....

Sorry....not much help.

Seth
    200 mph or bust.......

Comment

its basically a bare bones version of the super powershot system. you should find the info for that kit fairly easy. or try a nitrous jet calculator for a starting point. for a 50 shot stock timing will be fine as long as its not on the ragged edge already and run premium gas only. and make sure you dont have hotter than stock plugs or platinum plugs. stock heat range will be fine for the small shot. looks like it will be somewhere around a 037 jet on the nitrous side, fuel side will depend on fuel pressure

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
        I've been all over the Internet can can't find a listing for NOS Sniper jet sizes, timing recommendations, etc. The NOS website has a bunch of listings for these but nothing for the Sniper system, and nothing for a 50 HP hit on a 250 engine. Seems like they would have a page where you would put in your displacement, engine mods, and desired HP shot from the nitrous and it would give you recommended jets and tune to start with. But NOoooooo.

I'm thinking these sizes may be pretty system-specific as the solenoids, line diameters, etc. vary with the style of kit. The Sniper system uses pretty small lines (-4) and solenoids and is only good for a max of 150 HP (not going that far).

Any suggestions?

Dan
        Dan call Dave he'll know off the top of his head. By the way go at least a 75 shot. You wont even notice a 50 shot. It would be pointless on a motor that size. You could fart and propel the car faster then a 50 shot. lol

Comment

Maybe if you check some of the other nitrous manufactures, they might have jetting charts.

Also I like ZEX systems, they have a control box that monitors bottle pressure and adjusts fuel pressure so that you never run to rich or to lean with the nitrous. It'll be one of their systems that I'll be putting on my '99 Camaro.

Comment

Originally posted by miketblsr

Dan call Dave he'll know off the top of his head. By the way go at least a 75 shot. You wont even notice a 50 shot. It would be pointless on a motor that size. You could fart and propel the car faster then a 50 shot. lol
            I can't. KT told me to stay with a 50 shot. I don't want him to hurt me. Besides, a 50 shot is about a 50% increase in HP - a pretty good boost when you look at it that way.

I will give Dave a call, though.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by TubbedCamaro
              Maybe if you check some of the other nitrous manufactures, they might have jetting charts.

Also I like ZEX systems, they have a control box that monitors bottle pressure and adjusts fuel pressure so that you never run to rich or to lean with the nitrous. It'll be one of their systems that I'll be putting on my '99 Camaro.
              You can keep that zex kit. I dont want anything changing my fuel/nitrous ratio. I'll take a too rich any day. I have personally seen 4 blown motors b/c of zex contorol box pulling to much fuel. What would you rather have fouled plugs or burnt pistons or rings?

Comment

Alright since no one was willing to look this up for you Dan. Here you go, a drop/increase of 8 in the jet number for the nitrous jet is worth 25hp. As for the fuel jet it is is a drop or increase of 10 in the jet number, though they only went 8 lower(from a 61 to a 53) between the 125 shot and the 100 shot. So if you kind of fallow this table I found, for a 50 shot you'd be looking at 31 nitrous jet and a 35-37 fuel jet, to get a 50 shot. Also fuel pressure needs to be 5 psi.

Comment

zex is for mustangs and honda's. i like to go fast(smurk)

Comment

Thanks TC!! I looked all over their website and couldn't find this. The rule of thumb for going down in HP shot is also very useful. I bought the Sniper from Jays67 and it didn't come with instructions - it's printing as we type. If you could actually get someone on the phone I guess I could call the tech line on Tuesday.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
                      Thanks TC!! I looked all over their website and couldn't find this. The rule of thumb for going down in HP shot is also very useful. I bought the Sniper from Jays67 and it didn't come with instructions - it's printing as we type. If you could actually get someone on the phone I guess I could call the tech line on Tuesday.

Dan
                      Glad to help Dan.

Comment

Originally posted by miketblsr
                        Originally posted by TubbedCamaro

You can keep that zex kit. I dont want anything changing my fuel/nitrous ratio. I'll take a too rich any day. I have personally seen 4 blown motors b/c of zex contorol box pulling to much fuel. What would you rather have fouled plugs or burnt pistons or rings?
                        I run my fuel side a touch rich as well and use a step hotter plug than reccomended. In 20+ years of spraying I've never had a problem due to lean out.
                        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

a touch rich is one thing, but excesively rich will lift a ringland/wash the rings in a hurry.

Comment

The advise I've gotten so far is to run the base system a bit rich (say, 13:1 or so), take out a couple of degrees timing, and run the recommended nitrous and fuel jets. And probably a heat range lower on plugs depending on plug readings. I have a set of cheap Autolight Platinums - are these OK to use? Sound about right? It's funny - in all these years of messin' with cars there are some things I've never done, and N2O is one of 'em.

Dan

Comment

nitrous doesnt like platinum. a cheap copper core plug will be fine. you dont need to mess with the mixture on the motor. thats the point of running a wet system. tho 13:1 is not rich. you want you motor tune near high 12's to low 13's ARF at wot and shoot for high 11's to low 12's with the nitrous on. do a pull, street or dyno and shut it off as soon as you can after wot. without ideling around. pull a few plugs and see what they say. when you get it close you will have to cut it apart to see the fuel ring. if the timing mark needs adjustment you can change timing slightly or change heat range of plug depending on what the overall condition of the plug looks like. with that small of a shot, i wouldnt stress myself out. but keep these things in mind as you step it up because your car will become addicted to the drug very fastly.lol

Comment

Working...
                              X