NOS Sniper Jets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NOS Sniper Jets?

I have a very high level of self control. Addiction ain't happenin'. This is just an experiment - sort of one step in the process of messing around with the Buzz Bomb in LSR. I keep thinking about a junkyard turbo..........

I really don't like nitrous. It just feels wrong to me. Still, I know it'll be fun for awhile.

Dan

Comment

you dont like it...... YET.lol

i must admit, im a huge bottle WHORE ;D

Comment

if your planning on spraying for a long distance, ie a mile or so in LSR then plug selection is of more importance. a non projected tip plug so it doesnt turn into a glow plug and it would be smart to monitor EGT.

Comment

At least at first I'll just spray in 3rd. (TH350). If all goes well I probably will start spraying in 2nd. I will not be a bottle whore - I'm old and do not lack self control. Besides, I'd rather do it on the motor - just the way I am. As I said, this is an experiment.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by calico camaro
            if your planning on spraying for a long distance, ie a mile or so in LSR then plug selection is of more importance. a non projected tip plug so it doesnt turn into a glow plug and it would be smart to monitor EGT.
            When running nitrous you should never use a projected tip plug. Even though with a 50 shot, I don't think it'd make a difference. Even NOS states that a stock LS1 can handle a 150 shot with no problem.

Comment

was unaware we were talking about ls1's here

Comment

was unaware we were talking about ls1's here
                We're not, just making an example of how little of a concern it is to run a 50 shot. Basically as long as you don't run lean on the fuel side, you got nothing to worry about.

Comment

oh, ok. you just want to change the subject to whore out another thread. got it

did you know more nitrous engines die from being too rich, rather than lean? no reason it should lean out if the fuel noid opens and the pump is up to snuf. i wont go into other reasons nitrous engines die since its not realevent to the baby shot in question and no need to get off topic

Comment

oh, ok. you just want to change the subject to whore out another thread. got it

did you know more nitrous engines die from being too rich, rather than lean? no reason it should lean out if the fuel noid opens and the pump is up to snuf. i wont go into other reasons nitrous engines die since its not realevent to the baby shot in question and no need to get off topic
                    All engines die, they got to go somehow. Only thing you can do is have fun while it lasts. ;)

Comment

idk, ive had some that i just couldnt kill. trust me i tried. i dont mean draining the oil out or nothin stupid, but as far as just plain abuse. man, ive had some good ones. then i see some that go for no explained reason. weird

the second engine i did a complete overhaul on is a good example. basically stock 305, original crank, rods and pistons. good rings and bearings, small cam, intake, and headers. wasnt a beast but ran great. about 340 crank hp. and countless bottles put thru it in the form of a 180 shot. didnt know alot about nitrous back then either. i was lucky i guess. just the typical dont lean out and run good gas. the fact i ran at least 100 octane on the bottle is most likely what saved it. car ran consistant 7sec 1/8 mile passes with stock gear and convertor in a full wieght 84Z. 12years ago that was impressive around here. the engine still lives on in a 48 dodge pickup in dallas texas,untouched since it was put together in 1996. and non of the miles were easy ones. i dogged it. it was my daily for along time and bracket raced at least 3 out of 4 weekends a month. emptied a full bottle on top speed runs. melted the first set of plugs that were in it. i learned the hard way not to run hotter than stock plugs and platinum. melted the side electrode clean off of 6 of them and about a third left on two of them with no engine damage. yes i was very lucky. i play with alot bigger shots now and play it alot safer. no room for error in the 300-400 shot plate kit. at this level i know i should be running direct port but thats alot of exspense i cant afford. and more to go wrong too really. if you get some trash thru to stop up one nozzle then that one cylinder see the full effect. its harder to tune a huge plate kit to be ballenced to all cylinders but it can be done. and alot cheaper. just more work.

Comment

Working...
                      X