Clear All

Re: Cadillac 4-6-8 Question.

I think this was before his time

;)
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

all that work and the guy didn't spend the 13 minutes it'd take to let the MS control them? Also, if you were to run into the same VE issues he did - where the running cylinders require less fuel in 4-cyl mode - you can use table switching that's activated at the same time as the 4-cyl mode if you need it. I've set that up before, in other applications, and it works well.

So Randall, are you going to do this? talk about cool...
      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I was fairly confident that Megasquirt could relatively easily contol both the cylinder deactivation and the associated fuel load change. I've asked DG before about running dual VE tables that switch as needed for 4-injectors vs. 8-injectors. It's the same principle as using one injector bank for everyday cruising then having another set of injector's kick in at/near WOT for those high HP engines.

I would really like to build one some day. Maybe if my 455 were to crash and burn. I'd take the current EFI setup and put it on the Centurion in a more conservative mode. I determined long ago the next time I run across a 4-6-8 at the Junkyard I was pulling the solenoid stuff, if not the entire set of heads. But I can't recall the last time I saw one in the yards I go to. They were very common when I was in highschool, I still have an emblem or two I've pryed off. Can you say 500cid, 500+Hp and 30mpg? ;D Future future plans.
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

The only one I remember ever getting close to (as far as looking under the hood, etc) was when I worked at the trans shop and the cars were new, one came in for a service, that brand new state of the art 200-4R was a wild looking transmission with it's pan going back almost to the driveshaft.

My fabulous web page

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel
            The only one I remember ever getting close to (as far as looking under the hood, etc) was when I worked at the trans shop and the cars were new, one came in for a service, that brand new state of the art 200-4R was a wild looking transmission with it's pan going back almost to the driveshaft.

Werent they truly miserable to get the tranny out? I remember seeing a lot of them for sale with bad tranny's

Comment

this one was almost new, it just got a trans service, not a replacement.

My fabulous web page

Comment

Working...
              X