Battery needs replacing in my 2000 Chevy Venture - * ANSWERED *

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery needs replacing in my 2000 Chevy Venture - * ANSWERED *

I've got the battery, but I've heard horror stories about PCM, anti-theft and radio issues after a battery R&R. Before I open Pandora's box, can I get some opinions or advice? I used to have a circuit-saver thing that powered the system through a power plug or lighter that helped prevent these kinds of issues. I only remember using it once or twice, but I'm not sure if it really did anything. Are these worth it?

Thanks in advance.

In the 10-12 minutes I had the battery disconnected, no gremlins managed to infiltrate the system.

BTW, what numbskull designed a car that you have to remove what appears to be a major frame member to get at the battery? that's 30 minutes of my life that I'll never get back. Sheesh.
    "First I believe if you keep the RPM's high enough, ANYTHING is possible." PeeWee

Re: Battery needs replacing in my 2000 Chevy Venture - * ANSWERED *

Hey total Hijack

Are you going to make to the OC show in October or the BS east at beaver springs. We didn't have a whole bunch of time to bs at the spring show.

Steve
    Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

Not sure about Beaver yet, Steve. I'm planning on OC right now but both really depend on the kids soccer schedules.

They'll both probably be last minute decisions but I'll drop you a note once I decide.

Chris
      "First I believe if you keep the RPM's high enough, ANYTHING is possible." PeeWee

Comment

Cool

Steve
        Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

Working...
        X