Aluminum Big block questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aluminum Big block questions...

I might be getting an all aluminum big block for my camaro and will probably end up rebuilding it. Its a 509 in a drag car that is setup with too much compression and cam for what I want to use it for. Its a running engine and I might be getting the entire car that it is in and dropping in an iron big block and selling it. It has a cooling system on it so I am assuming its a water block. Its currently setup with big compression and cam.

Anyone have any experience with these alloy blocks, and problem areas? I don't want to end up with an expensive paperweight.

Re: Aluminum Big block questions...

Ummm...maybe. But the crating fee might be more than you are willing to pay!

Comment

What brand and production date?

Comment

I have to take a good look at it. It is definaltely an aluminum block and heads sitting in its home of many years - untouched.

I think its a Rodeck block.

Comment

Keith Black and Yenko made aluminum blocks too in the day

Comment

The quick look I had of it showed no obvious cast in names or external ribbing, so I don't think its a KB. It looks similar to my friends Rodeck hes using. It looks just like a normal big block but is all bare aluminum, and has screw in core plugs. I don't even know what heads are on it yet.

Comment

Working...
            X