vortec head, max effort horsepower?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vortec head, max effort horsepower?

I'm hearing about a local shop with a decent reputation getting 560 HP from a max effort vortec headed motor. The head must be stock, unported and a lift rule of 480". compression is nearing 14:1....is this possible?

Re: vortec head, max effort horsepower?

If you check the lift rule may be .480 but I bet they have a big rocker ratio on top of it.
    2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
    First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
    2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
    2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Yes it possible you need to use a a lot of compression and a special cam. but with the right combo of parts you can pull it off.

Comment

Why not start with the big runner Vortec from GMPP??? other than that I really don't see the possibility. As a comparison a local shop here just dyno'd a 396 stocker engine and it made 560. It had less compression than what you're talking about but it had the required low lift cam, unported heads, 'stock' pistons with low tension rings, etc.

Comment

I think the class rules are 358 ci, stock production vehicle heads and a 480 net VALVE lift. apparently there is no compression rule.

I'm still trying to grasp the concept, by my math and my end of the argument was that 490 HP was about the limit for a STOCK vortec head.

Comment

If they allowed it I'd run the LT4 heads and convert the water passages to std style.

Comment

Working...
            X