Tuning video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuning video

Figured I'd put this up here since a lot of my fellow techies don't check the project cars section. With many thanks to 1320video.com's Kyle Loftis, we have a really nice video of MOnday's tuning session (and some cool aerials from Bonneville 2006)

1953 Studebaker President
    Twin Turbo Merlin BBC
    Megasquirt EFI

We've run it to 18psi before, but on this trip we detuned it and made a series of long WOT pulls to make sure we had other mechanical issues sorted out. The car ran great!!

Also, Keith Turk once told us we needed about 650hp to make our target speed in this car. His accuracy ended up being uncanny... almost scary. We hit target speed easily last year on 10psi, so we set it to 12psi of boost and tuned it carefully to live there... thanks Keith!!

http://www.1320video.com/Studebaker.php

-scott

www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Re: Tuning video

Cool !!!!! Make me want a power adder
    2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
    First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
    2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
    2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Ahhh the magic TURK numbers X hp + Y aero = The number!!!!! God I cant count how many times I have heard that. It is so true it is scary.

Thanks Turk!!!!!

Comment

that is a damn cool car but harts other is cool also.
        So Geek when you gona build one???
        Terry

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
          Figured I'd put this up here since a lot of my fellow techies don't check the project cars section. With many thanks to 1320video.com's Kyle Loftis, we have a really nice video of MOnday's tuning session (and some cool aerials from Bonneville 2006)

1953 Studebaker President
          Twin Turbo Merlin BBC
          Megasquirt EFI

We've run it to 18psi before, but on this trip we detuned it and made a series of long WOT pulls to make sure we had other mechanical issues sorted out. The car ran great!!

Also, Keith Turk once told us we needed about 650hp to make our target speed in this car. His accuracy ended up being uncanny... almost scary. We hit target speed easily last year on 10psi, so we set it to 12psi of boost and tuned it carefully to live there... thanks Keith!!

http://www.1320video.com/Studebaker.php

-scott

Awesome video Scott!

I really need to move west.

Comment

Ain't it spooky how he can do that? He gave me a fuel pump and said "this is good to 150 MPH". Most folks would say "this will support XXX HP". I'm sure he's right, BTW. It's also pretty cool that he's willing to share this info so freely. A lot of folks hold their cards much closer to the vest, as my Dad would have said.

Dan

Originally posted by miketblsr
            Ahhh the magic TURK numbers X hp + Y aero = The number!!!!! God I cant count how many times I have heard that. It is so true it is scary.

Thanks Turk!!!!!

Comment

I've got to build a twin turbo something. All those tubes look like a lot of fun to make.
              Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Working...
              X