Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The 350 engine Chevrolet should have built

Originally posted by Green Junk
    Now only if he could actually qualify...
    I'm up for hire in a month ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Eric68
      Originally posted by dpaqu
      I got Chevy small blocks on the brain today.

What happened to the rod/stroke ratio thing? I remember an article in HOT ROD http://www.purplesagetradingpost.com...%20engine.html that used 6.2 inch rods with a 327 crank in a 400 block to create a fat, broad torque curve. It seems that magazines are now poo pooing the whole long rod thing as not as important as previously thought. What happened to the whole piston dwell time thing? Did cheap 383 cranks kill this kind of experimentation off?
      I think you are right -- cheap stroker cranks have killed the 3.25-3.48 stroke stuff. That and REALLY good aftermarket heads. Modern heads can now support lots of cubes and big RPMs where "back in the day" a double hump that flowed 260 cfm with lots of porting was a good as it got. That's where the old wives tale about "stroker motors don't rev" came from IMO.

Why would anyone settle for only 350 cubic inches if they could have 420" using a 4.125" bore block?
      Woah there big fella, now me and you may have to step outside...... J/K man ive decided that ive got enough in my 350 that a innercooled procharger may be in the works. Its probably more cost effective and ill get more power out of it, but I agree, if I had to do it over again id go with as many cubic inches as I could....

Comment

go turbo, then if you want m ore power you just turn the knob and change the jets on the carb and off you go,

Comment

Working...
        X