Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help

Project car: 2002 Corvette.
    Problem: Car was a flood recovery. Anyway, Everything was flushed or replaced. The ecm and pcm and every other control box and most sensors in the car have been replaced. It shows clean (no codes)on the the shop scanners but the engine won't come out of limp mode. Any ideas? Is there an aftermarket ecm we could use to make this thing work. It's a 6 speed manual Gearbox.

Re: Need help

You should be able to reset the computer using a handheld OBD II scanner. If it's still in "limp mode" after resetting the computer, the problem is most likely in the ECM itself. Another thing to make sure of is that all of your grounds (engine esepcially) have a good connection. Improper grounding will cause the computer to do wierd stuff. If all of your grounds are good, then you're right back to the ECM. Are the ECM and PCM new, or did someone get them at the junkyard?

Comment

Re: Need help

They were both new from the GM dealer. With a flood car, it is possible that it could be a bad ground. I wondered if it might be a sensor somewhere that could be triggering things. I'm new to the computerized stuff. Not many circuit boards to run my 69 340 Dart!!

Comment

Working...
      X