Timing Chain noise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Timing Chain noise?

That's what makes this sport/hobby/vocation interesting. There's an infinite variation of the themes we all think we know. Sometimes a rod knock comes and goes. Why? No one knows. We all learn from this, and hopefully can pull up the lesson if ever needed again. I've had a collapsed piston that was almost un-diagnosable, and other oddball faults. Enough to drive you mad (in both senses of the word), but you emerge with something you didn't know before.

Good Luck
    Dan

Comment

My guesss is the 2 bearing halves intermittently "stacked" on top of eachother, taking up the clearance, and eliminating the noise. But, I've found, even in those conditions, a rod knock's fairly distinctive sounding. Either way, he found it.
      Originally posted by DanStokes
      That's what makes this sport/hobby/vocation interesting. There's an infinite variation of the themes we all think we know. Sometimes a rod knock comes and goes. Why? No one knows. We all learn from this, and hopefully can pull up the lesson if ever needed again. I've had a collapsed piston that was almost un-diagnosable, and other oddball faults. Enough to drive you mad (in both senses of the word), but you emerge with something you didn't know before.

Good Luck
      Dan

Comment

Good job!

BTW I love that Vette.

Comment

Working...
        X