Pro's and Cons of Switching to A Fuel Cell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pro's and Cons of Switching to A Fuel Cell

....And just for the record, if I had it to do over again, I would have put a replacement tank in, not a cell.
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

My car was 95% race car and 5% street car when I put the fuel cell in the trunk. The original tank had a sump welded to it that worked perfectly fine... until rust started coming from inside the tank in enough quantity that I had to clean my fuel filter ever three or four passes... I trailered the car to the track... never needed to use the trunk,so putting an inexpensive plastic cell in the trunk was a fine decision at the time.

Now that I'm looking to put the car back in street mode, I wish I had a stock replacement type tank.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel
        I'm with Randal on this....I would need a much better reason than switching to efi to go with a fuel cell. I don't really see any advantage to a fuel cell for efi anyways, why do you think it would be better?
        cheaper than a efi tank to fit a stock local
        the one for a 68-72 velle is over 6 bills without the pump /etc
        tank only

Comment

Originally posted by urwurznitmahre
          Originally posted by squirrel
          I'm with Randal on this....I would need a much better reason than switching to efi to go with a fuel cell. I don't really see any advantage to a fuel cell for efi anyways, why do you think it would be better?
          cheaper than a efi tank to fit a stock local
          the one for a 68-72 velle is over 6 bills without the pump /etc
          tank only
          Hence why I didn't do ANYTHING to my stock tank. Added a return port to the sending unit though from common hardware store supplies. Heck new stock tank for my car is $200 tops. I haven't priced them in a long while though, no rust apparent, the one for my T-bird wasn't much.
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

what u use'n for the serge tank

Comment

Working...
            X