Saleen Mustang Gurney edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Saleen Mustang Gurney edition

you cannot cut a flywheel on a hydraulic clutch , the clutch will release too low ,no adjustment , but I did mine on the beretta [brake lathe ] cause I can't afford a new flywheel
    NO WARRANTY ON CLUTCH unless we have a known problem , my neighbor just did a 2008 Z06 clutch , but the pressure plate stuck in on that , GM knows about it , so all the exhaust removal and rear suspension disassembly 6 ft long torque tube droppin was all free free free

Comment

How long did that job take Spidey? Sounds like nightmare city!
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Here a little clutch set up / info on your situation. Brian is right about the brake master and clutch being intergrated in to "one". Sharing the same fluid supply. As for the problem, I would say bad part from the start. The reason for the need to replace the flywheel all has to do with the throw out bearing to clutch hat clearance. The throw out clearance with new clutch, flywheel and pressure plate should be between .165 to .200 clearance for proper operation.
        The stock throw out bearing / pressure plate set up on your car is "weak". (sorry) But when your coverage is up 50,000 miles ? I would suggest up grading to an aftermarket set up. Till then let ford pay the bill's and try to be easy, Refrain from the 3,000 rpm launches and 1st to 2nd gear slam shifts with the throttle on the floor. Up grading your fluid brake / clutch to a higher grade racing type fluid help's also, But this requires a full system flush. We use Motul rbf 600.

Have a great day!

Comment

Ford called yesterday advising the clutch transmission issue is done. they replaced the throw out bearing, flex plate and clutch.

the other issue was you could not gas the car up without it clicking off every one tenth gallon or so. it was not like this when brand new, just started happening about 3 months ago.

ford dealer has said since saleen changed the exhaust, their exhaust is too close to the gas tank vent tube. the tube is now melted closed so the gas tank is not venting while filling.

ford says they wont warranty it since saleen changed the exhaust, but ford will fix it for $220. ford initially has said they would not warranty any saleen issues, then they changed their minds and would cover saleen issues. but as for this issue, the dealer is saying no warranty?

guess i have to go to ford customer service on the matter.

thanks everyone for your help!
          Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

Fill it like I do a gas can. Hold up the rubber seal off the filler neck to vent it. It should keep it from popping off. Doesn't really fix the problem, but it will be less annoying until it's fixed correctly.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I have problems like that with the Camaro, but it is just at certain gas stations I go to. If I don't get the nozzle of the pump positioned right the pump will click off. Sometimes I have to get the nozzle of the pump at the right angle and then it fills with no problem.

And if Ford sold that car with the Saleen stuff done to it, then it should be warrantied. I agree call costomer service.

Comment

So last night after getting back from Palm Springs (sorry guys but i had to shoot another beauty pageant down there) i got online to find some saleen phone numbers. I called them this morning and explained the problem to them and they said no problem, have ford give them a call. Ford did and now is getting fixed for free. Ford felt that the saleen folks maybe did not secure the rubber tube and in flapping in the wind, got burned on the exhaust pipe. Unk if true, but i'm at least not paying for it.

Now i have to check the other saleen PJ mustang and see if it has the same type problems.
                Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

In honor of Parnelli, "his" car should be built like a bulldozer in the event he tries to race it. :D

That gent was tough on equipment.

Brian
                  That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Working...
                  X