X-PIPE HELP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-PIPE HELP?

Here goes, before i hang the exaust under my fullsize im trying to decide on actually using the dynomax x-pipe i have or just straight to the muffler's? Im running hooker headers to full 3" (yes i know overkill, i enjoy silly :P loud, flame on!) so i have the new thrush fully welded (look like shiny flowmaster 40's) 2 chambers and will exit under car at the rear axle. What are the advantages of the x-pipe and will sound be dramatically affected? Again, i like loud....like real loud...specially with my poser giant cam. (thumpr)
    Thanks
    dave

Re: X-PIPE HELP?

with full 3" pipe. I'd skip the x pipe..
    no need it only mellow the sound and mellow the bottom end, if there is any with 2) 3" pipes

Comment

A buddy has a Poncho 455 with a lumpy Extreme Energy comp cam. He put an X pipe system on it and hates how much cam sound he lost.
      It also seemed to change the pitch of the motor to a higher pitch... but the different mufflers could have some effect as well.

If you want it loud and rude, forgo the X pipe... and if you don't have to pass emissions and inspections (like us here in FL), don't use tailpipes, just use turndowns after the mufflers. It will be considerably louder than if it had tailpipes.

Comment

the X pipe or H pipe will mellow out the tone, but it also equalize the exhaust pulses and helps with bottom torque. Three inch pipe and two chamber muffs will be LOUD with turn downs. I'd add the X pipe. It will also reduce the deafening resonance inside the car.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

That's what i shall do then, i will have turndown's at the mufflers, and the thumpr sounds fairly aggresive and i don't wan't to dampen that sound at all...again, i know im commiting a violation having a tank that might on a good day run a 13 anythiing but i can't help it.....just love loud and lumpy sounds....
          am i really giving up that much low end with the 3"?

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
            the X pipe or H pipe will mellow out the tone, but it also equalize the exhaust pulses and helps with bottom torque. Three inch pipe and two chamber muffs will be LOUD with turn downs. I'd add the X pipe. It will also reduce the deafening resonance inside the car.
            I run 3" now on my avalanche with single chamber race flowmasters and even with the 30 miles of tailpipe behind it the drone is brutal, i may be ok with this in an occasional driver but i live in the country so lot's of highway driving might change my mind to tail pipe's and x-pipe...i just love loud, (did i mention that already?)

Comment

My Impala is loud, but not in the car.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BYGDDY
                That's what i shall do then, i will have turndown's at the mufflers, and the thumpr sounds fairly aggresive and i don't wan't to dampen that sound at all...again, i know im commiting a violation having a tank that might on a good day run a 13 anythiing but i can't help it.....just love loud and lumpy sounds....
                if it's in the '70 that you have listed, full sized boat.. and it's a 455, not to much.. 3" is over,over kill unless you plan on winding that thing up..
                if it's pontiac 350.. ???

Comment

You need to get this X-pipe, will add god-like torque and horesepower. Notice the CNC-machined cut-outs. In the great words of NMCA_Ron, PAH!

Originally posted by NMCA_Ron
                  sigpic

Comment

PAH!!!!!!+

INSTANT AWESOMENESS!!!!!

Snappin' necks 'n cashin' checks, baby!

LMAO~!~!

Ron

edit: in all honesty, I did not originate the term PAH!!!

It was in the eBay ad. Funny as hell....
                    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Originally posted by urwurznitmahre
                      if it's in the '70 that you have listed, full sized boat.. and it's a 455, not to much.. 3" is over,over kill unless you plan on winding that thing up..

It is in the 70, yup, fullsize boat, but no 455 or pontiac anything for that matter, Im a canuck, so's the car, SBC with a sticker that say's pontiac 350, but it isn't ;). Just about everything is 70 Impala drivetrain wise...

Comment

It is in the 70, yup, fullsize boat, but no 455 or pontiac anything for that matter, Im a canuck, so's the car, SBC with a sticker that say's pontiac 350, but it isn't ;). Just about everything is 70 Impala drivetrain wise...
                        2(dual) 3" pipes on a sbc 350...
                        pass on the x pipe.. it be loud ,and just add spake plugs as the fuel will flow right out into the exhaust..
                        this on a stock headed /intake engine..

Comment

2(dual) 3" pipes on a sbc 350...
                          pass on the x pipe.. it be loud ,and just add spake plugs as the fuel will flow right out into the exhaust..
                          this on a stock headed /intake engine..
                          Nope, air gap, bg carb, patriot heads, comp thumpr. i said i was a bit of a poser, not a complete douche...

Comment

Originally posted by joebogey
                            You need to get this X-pipe, will add god-like torque and horesepower. Notice the CNC-machined cut-outs. In the great words of NMCA_Ron, PAH!

hum... where did you get a pic of my X pipe??? i never released it in fear of copyright enfringement till final production takes place...

Comment

Originally posted by calico camaro
                              Originally posted by joebogey

hum... where did you get a pic of my X pipe??? i never released it in fear of copyright enfringement till final production takes place...
                              Too late man, there will be chinese copies all over e-bay in a week, lol, coulda had something big..........

Comment

Working...
                              X