Where can i buy aluminum rim shells?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can i buy aluminum rim shells?

I have a pair of wheels i want to modify, i'm looking for a source to buy two 17 x 9.5" aluminum rim outer shells. I'll weld my centers in them. I have a set of the cool (for a Mercury at least) Wheel Vintiques MaRodder wheels that are 17x7" and one is bent (hence the cheap price)

I want two of them to be wider anyways so that'd fix 'em. I know i've seen the shells at SEMA a couple years ago but at that time i wasn't needing any.

At one point about a dozen years ago i was in the process of making my own wheels. I had a center pattern made up that had the spokes extended and was getting a local casting company to make me the centers. I was buying up Dodge Stealth 17 x 8.5" wheels to use the rims and huck away the centers. That was going to cost me about $400 per wheel back then and while the casting company was working on a price American Racing came out with bigger TorqThrusts and put the kibosh on my plans.

Re: Where can i buy aluminum rim shells?

Boyd [lil john]used to buy his from centerline

Comment

Thanks i'll call them tomorrow.

Comment

15 Years As Ultra-Pleased Customers and 30-40 Custom Wheels & Repairs

Get to know this fine company.

Call them & discuss what
        you're getting ready to do.

Outstanding service, products & craftsmanship.

Prices are 50% of some lesser companies.

Comment

Cool, it looks like they do what i want to. Is that you or somebody you know? Would name-dropping "Two Lane sent me" be worth anything?

Comment

how about stockton wheel as well ?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom P

Cool, it looks like they do what i want to.

Is that you or somebody you know?

Would name-dropping

"Two Lane sent me"

be worth anything?

Yep, we know their service & products very well, over a long-time.
              Some dozen or more restoration pieces, along with several "custom" sets to our specs.

Will have another project for them later this Spring, an aluminum "hybrid" rally wheel.

But nope, dropping our name wouldn't help w/pricing or anything, because they
              do the same high-quality work at very fair prices for all their customers. With
              all their "big" customers & work-load, we're not egotistical enough to expect
              they'd remember our relatively small orders. Rest assured you'll be well pleased. --

Comment

Working...
              X