Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anecdotal BS that has no place here

Third that for me, would ya.

Again, Bill(hey thats my name???), you are highly respected, and have alot of knowledge and info to share with others, I firmly believe that it would be benificial to us if you are here.

Comment

Our first forum drama? I have no idea what happened to this thread or to Bill's account. This is suppposed to be the place with no jerks and no ego, and that's been going perfectly so far. If I can help sort out any differences please let me know.

Comment

falconizer_62
        In your case you do need more advance to get MPG out of it,with the low engine rpm,you may not even be getting full Mech advance out of it at cruise speeds. It should be easy to get there with a Vac advance. You should be getting way better milage than you are now.

My Drag Week car towing a trailer,with a VERY High stall and 4.30 gear got over 10.5
        2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
        First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
        2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
        2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

I've emailed Bill and yes he feels his input was disrespected. We plane on talking early in the week, I for one hope he continues to post, the school of hard knocks is important too.
          Some people will bash at the drop of a hat (not sure that's what happened) but I think there is plenty of room here for many different points of view. On the other hand when it come to the internet it can be difficult to convey feelings in type, but one does need a think skin sometimes.
          There are very few people in this world who's opinion I value, you are not one of them.

300 in 1999

Comment

Man that is too bad, he had some of the best information I've seen about timing.

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
              Our first forum drama? I have no idea what happened to this thread or to Bill's account. This is suppposed to be the place with no jerks and no ego, and that's been going perfectly so far. If I can help sort out any differences please let me know.

Sorry Dave, it won't happen again. Read my first post edited, it may explain some things. I apologize for the drama, it is not me. I just don't feel good and I still love my cars. Family support is for my hobby now nada, and its hard to take. Technical direction is becoming more strict and less creative. I am not ready to accept limits and my anger expressed here was inappropriate.

I apologize.

Comment

Re: Throw a Mean Curve

Hey Bill, Have you that that you yourself could give us here more then you know. I missed the original post, but would love to see it when you are able to get to it. from the sound of it, it was very informative.

You could be our support You seem to have vast amount of knowledge that many would like to hear.

Thank you.
                HRPT 2004LH 2007LH 2008

Comment

Bill,
                  Glad to have you back. We need all the brains to pick we can possibly fit on this server.

Comment

Bill, we're all glad you're back. Everyone has bad days, and it sounds like you've got a lot going on. I hope this place can deliver enough "family" support to keep you going rather than give you more sources of frustration.

Comment

Bill, Thanks for posting again, great post on the distributor advance.

Comment

Bill, I also am glad to see you back. Now share some of that car knowledge you have with us.
                        "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Add me to the list. I was planning on rereading it as well. He certainly sounds like he knows what he's talking about, and I need all the help I can get. LOL Bill, don't let some a--hole chase you away from what you like to do.

Comment

Originally posted by BillBallinger Sr
                            Originally posted by Freiburger

Sorry Dave, it won't happen again. Read my first post edited, it may explain some things. I apologize for the drama, it is not me. I just don't feel good and I still love my cars. Family support is for my hobby now nada, and its hard to take. Technical direction is becoming more strict and less creative. I am not ready to accept limits and my anger expressed here was inappropriate.

I apologize.

Nice to have you back, bro. If we can help, let us know.

Comment

Bill -

If I lived closer, I'd come and be "family". I'll bet that there are others on CarJunkies who DO live close enough to help and who would. I'd just ask if I were you. I only see one medical condition that should keep either of us from pursuing our life-long passion, and that's becoming no longer oxygen-dependent. Sounds like you're a way from that. So Rock On! Don't let 'em hold you down.

Dan

Comment

Re: Throw a Mean Curve-Reposted

Thanks Bill and Scott for reposting, it's definately good information. Glad to see you posting again (I'm absorbing the header info on another thread like a sponge ;D )
                                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Working...
                                X