Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford Duratec I4

Howdy,

I know Cosworth messes with them but what do ya'll know about hopping up a Fozda 2.3L into "respectable" NA territory, ie 250+ fwhp for a RWD application. Can't get this local Cosworth Vega out of my head with a 250+hp I4 screaming to 7000+ RPM with a T5 for a road race type car.

Ditch the stock EFI and go MSq!
    Central TEXAS Sleeper
    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Re: Ford Duratec I4

Go for it, I've been eyeing them for a while. The Cosworth parts are knock-you-in-the-gut expensive. Also check out Mountune. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmuED3znUiE

Although you might want to check out the GM Ecotec, lots of speed parts and a build manual that shows stages of development for up to and over 1000 hp. Turbo'd of course. ;D

Comment

Comment

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about!!

Comment

we call ecotecs chain stretchers , but the lil monster makes some power , good enough for bruno to win the world championship

Comment

I seriously thought about putting one in the Mustang, but now they've changed the rules so that the same make engine has to match the make of the car. There were a couple of folks that put LSx engines in their roadrace Mustangs and folks got pissed.

Bob

Comment

panties in a bunch , road racing , ya gotta love it

Comment

Yep, lots of time spent pissing and moaning.

Comment

Those motors have a neat sound to them. I used start screaming something about warp drive around half track when I announced Don Nase and his ecotec 6-second digger.

Bruno is living the dream. Truck U and the Comp championship.
                  That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

As a general rule, when it comes to Ford I4 performance, you usually have to go British like http://www.sbdev.co.uk/History_files...atecTuning.htm or http://www.mambamotorsport.co.uk/duratec/engines.html or the like, you get the point.

American ricer/tuner mags all but ignore the Ford stuff, and sadly it seems even Ford seems to ignore the Ford stuff over here and when they do have it it's made of unobtainium with commensurate cost. Check the Focus and the Contour/Mondeo/Cougar boards and you can also find some stuff on them, though in my experience most lean towards turbos to get the power.

Comment

Wankel !

Comment

Originally posted by CTX-SLPR
                        Howdy,

I know Cosworth messes with them but what do ya'll know about hopping up a Fozda 2.3L into "respectable" NA territory, ie 250+ fwhp for a RWD application. Can't get this local Cosworth Vega out of my head with a 250+hp I4 screaming to 7000+ RPM with a T5 for a road race type car.

Ditch the stock EFI and go MSq!
                        Looking at the head I have at the shop here you can make a real good improvement in the bowl area on both sides. Its funny the way that they are cast it so restrictive it screams port me ;D

Comment

Working...
                        X