22I ohv Ford V8 Lifters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 22I ohv Ford V8 Lifters

I can't find any info on lifters for this engine. Will late model 302 roller lifters work or did the lifter bore change?
    Nick

Re: 22I ohv Ford V8 Lifters

According to Egge's catalog, they use the same part # VL35.

I'm guessing you mean 221 ci OHV V8 from either 1962 or 63. It uses the same lifter as early and late 289 and 302 and 400m, 429m and a few others.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

The 221 and 260 engines have very few differences compared to 289 or even 302 engines. Most parts will swap between all 4. The 221 has very small combustion chambers and small valves, the smallest bore sized block, and a breathertube/filler cap in the timing cover. All other components such as bearings, timing chains, heads, manifolds, timing covers etc should swap. I believe the 221, 260 and 289 all had the same crank also.

Comment

Remember that if you go to rollers, you'll need the type made to retrofit the pre-roller lifter engines with the rollers (there are several companies that make these). The 5.0 (roller lifter) blocks have taller lifter bores and the valley has bosses that are drilled and tapped for "spiders" that locate the rollers and keep them from rotating. No reason not to use rollers, just be sure to get the retrofit ones. I can't swear that they work in the little bitty block, but I'd be surprised if they didn't.

Dan

Comment

Working...
        X