Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paint guys...what are you spraying? Getting ready to do the GTS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint guys...what are you spraying? Getting ready to do the GTS!

I got the news I've been waiting on...after New Years, I am green lit to buy my paint for the GTS!!!

What brand are you guys using or have used?

I brought this up around a year ago, but wanted to revisit the subject.

Flipping between my old brand, Dupont {used Chromabase series in the past}

Though about Valspar, used that on my brother's silverado and came out decent with Keystone's Euro high-solids Clear that has held up nice for a year so far.

I've used sikkens in the past on my Explorer when I rebuilt my '91 sport when we were dead at work {and the boss was on vacation-talk about a deal!}

If you have finished pics of your ride painted, toss them up.

Anyone that has sprayed yellow, would like to get feedback on how you sprayed the car.

Andy
    Andrew
    1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
    2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Re: Paint guys...what are you spraying? Getting ready to do the GTS!

dupont and nasson(duponts cheap line)
    ppg, but don't like the idea that ppg says no sanding the new parts primer..
    or any coat even if it fully flashes.
    so I'll pass on that..
    dad likes the way the ppg lays down tho..

Comment

I have excellent luck with PPG but I mostly find a paint store that I like and go with what they have. I've found that a good paint store guy is worth his/her weight in gold. It just so happens that out local PPG dealer has one of those guys and I'd likely follow him if he changed stores.

I've sprayed almost anything you can name - PPG & Omni, DuPont & Nason, Glasurit, Sherwin-Williams, R&M, etc, etc. My experience is that if you follow their directions and pay attention to what you're doing they pretty much all work fine.

Dan

Comment

My buddy swears by Chromabase and has been using nothing else for years. Always sprays well and looks great.
        Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

I was and still am how well Eastwood's paint still looks on my car after six months with no prep work. It's really inexpensive too.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I like PPG Acrylic Urethane, it's a one step paint, shoot it and your done. ;)

Comment

Working...
            X