modular mustang motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• modular mustang motor

it's got shorties, test-pipes (side), open track pipes, cold-air, 3.73's (might go to 3.90), 2/3 drop, 18" wheels, and a gawd-awful body kit (the wing blocks pick-up lights). this spring it's getting either a top end or a bottom end (might save the stroker until the bottom end needs some work.

blower
    0%
    stroker
    0%
    nitrous
    0%
    turbo
    0%
    LS2
    0%
    dohc
    0%

Re: modular mustang motor

My friends the Mod Motor King,call Terry at Street Lethal Performance.He'll point you in the right dirrection.724-944-2814

Comment

Boost it wheather it be turbo or blower those engine respond very well to boost, and then you still retain nice street manners

Comment

Blown, there are a butt-load of kits available.

Comment

we're looking at vortech & kenne bell blowers, i prefer the centrifugal since an intercooler & methanol inj. will keep any detonation at bay. both of these are kinda pricey.

404 Page not found Here are some useful links: Home Page Superchargers Parts Support/Contact

helion makes a 62mm single turbo kit for $6k, but offer a 66mm or 76mm turbo upgrade for an additional $600. I think the 62 will suffice, but with a boost controller we could crank the boost up to...14psi?

(boost controller) http://www.youngsperformance.com/art...51103134000892

I think the best thing to do is save for the stroker kit until the bottom end needs the attention. the cars only got 60k miles, and doesn't get abused (anymore)...(yet). a compression test came up positive & all cylinders were within 6 psi. plus, it only grows to a 302...bigger, but not as big as an ls2.

i've found stroker kits for less than 1200, but can't find it at the moment.

i've been looking at alot of the different cylinder heads available, and will a ported 2v flow as good as a ported 4v? especially the exhaust.

whoops, i'll continue later.
          thanks for taking the time.

Comment

whoops, this slipped my mind. back to where i was.

i think i talked him into keeping the mod motor stock & building a windsor stroker instead.
            it's just too expensive to tear into a 4.6 when junkyard parts aren't an option. (he's scared of breaking it)
            and he wants 500 hp from pump gas.

what do y'all think of the man'o war block?

Comment

Very stout piece, should handle all he'll throw at it.

Comment

Originally posted by min301
                really??

we blew through the ringlands in Kyle's (1320Video) mustang with a whopping 10psi on pump gas. Unless you have the cobra version with the Mahle pistons and better rods - I think 500hp on pump gas is "doable" but pushing it. The first bad batch of fuel he gets - he'll be able to tell what rods are in it because they'll be hanging out the side of the block! mod motors can be fun, but pushing them in stock config is best left to the Cobra motors unless i am missing something new,

-scott
                www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
                  Originally posted by min301
                  really??

we blew through the ringlands in Kyle's (1320Video) mustang with a whopping 10psi on pump gas. Unless you have the cobra version with the Mahle pistons and better rods - I think 500hp on pump gas is "doable" but pushing it. The first bad batch of fuel he gets - he'll be able to tell what rods are in it because they'll be hanging out the side of the block! mod motors can be fun, but pushing them in stock config is best left to the Cobra motors unless i am missing something new,

-scott
                  I was reffering to the man-o-war block, bro. ;)

Comment

has ford started selling the boss 302?
                    i can't find a boss 351 or 429 >

the boss '9' is where they should have started.

Comment

The new boss should be for sale now. It wil handle 500hp without a sweat. My 347 is based on a stock block, has handled the blower fine so far.

Comment

Working...
                      X