Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: best electric fans?

Originally posted by a9sec70cuda
    mopower58...what year model viper? any dimensions on that piece?
    blackoutsteve...i have an electric water pump, so no, i can't use the stock clutch fan.
    I will get the info for you. It is actually an assembly made for the Viper crate engine I think.

Comment

Packard said in another thread that he had used them and had one on the shelf. He could give you actual dimensions. [email protected]

Comment

Here are the dimensions and part # For use with Viper V10 crate engine in non-Viper installations. Use this Fan and Control Module with Viper wiring harness (P5007142). Same as 1996–98 production. Height: 18.00", Width 25.50"; Thickness: 4.50".

P5007266 Fan and Control Module (Viper V10 Crate Engine)

Comment

Originally posted by mopower58
          Here are the dimensions and part # For use with Viper V10 crate engine in non-Viper installations. Use this Fan and Control Module with Viper wiring harness (P5007142). Same as 1996–98 production. Height: 18.00", Width 25.50"; Thickness: 4.50".

P5007266 Fan and Control Module (Viper V10 Crate Engine)
          Very helpful info!

This website is slowly but surely
          building-up great threads & posts
          for ongoing reference usage!

Thanks for your time & thoughtfulness chasing that info down for us! --

Comment

thanks a lot man, i really appreciate that! CHIP

Comment

I never had a ton of luck with electrics. But, I'd look into FACTORY fans at junkyards as they HAVE to work thousands of miles on some cars that have room for only an electric. Aftermarkets pale in fan size/pitch, so I've always been suspect of their efficiency. They're usually xlnt New Years Eve noise makers though

Comment

Originally posted by a9sec70cuda
                mopower58...what year model viper? any dimensions on that piece?
                blackoutsteve...i have an electric water pump, so no, i can't use the stock clutch fan.
                Chip, contact my friend Sam at socaldakota.com, he sells kits to mount Viper fans to Dakotas (I used to help mod the shrouds to fit the Dakotas), he's got the dimensions, maybe you can get a Viper fan from him.
                Ran

Comment

FWIW, I've used a lot of electric fans and the Dodge Viper is the best ever. It is two-speeds, Dodge believes in it enough to warranty it in the car. The price from the dealer is closer to $250. I still have two on the shelf. My e-mail is [email protected]

thnx, jack vines

Comment

CamaroLT1 fans on a 31 x 19 Summit radiator. Total cost $235 - Radiator $190, fans free with one bad motor ($45).

Comment

I know alot of guys have used the chevrolet Aveo fan unit, and its affordable

Comment

I had flex-a-lite fans in this setup;

Totally useless the fans are still, despite the "shroud" drawing on their diameter.
                        So I tried this setup;

This was´nt worse than the duals with shroud but not better.
                        So I got me some aluminum and made a dual fan setup with room to pull air from all corners of the rad.
                        Even though it´s a pop rivet job it does a great job of cooling the car, temps stay around 190ºF.

Comment

Working...
                        X