X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VWMMP
    replied
    Re: DIY EFI

I will start the answers. There are a few people on this website who are very good at this stuff. Diesel Geek is one of them. He was a technical guru for an company that made aftermarket ecu's that were based on Megasquirt.

Here is a page that takes you through the injector size calculation.
    EFI, Fuel Injection, Auto, automotive, car, TPI, computation, ECU, MegaSquirt, GPIO, MicroSquirt, Sequencer, stim, MegaShift, MShift, DIY, transmission, 4L60E, 4L80E, controller, shifter

Here is the whole manual for Megasquirt - There are links on this page that takes you to different parts of the manual. There is a page on what you need to have to run megasquirt. Gives you a good idea of what it takes.

Believe it or not fuel injection is fairly easy to setup. The hard part for me is tuning. I take mine to someone who really knows what they are doing. I can tweak it once I have it setup correctly.

There are 2 books that most larger book stores have on fuel injection. The names escape me at the moment. But they are really worth having. They give a lot of information that I still refer to.

Joel

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    Re: DIY EFI

In general I'd be looking for where to start.

I have an engine, with a carb set up, I need everything.

What size injectors are appropriate - is there a formula for lb/hr vs in^3 vs HP?
    19lb injectors are stock on a 302 in a fox mustang for example - what's a good rule of thumb.

same sizing question for a throttle body.

then, you have a pile of injectors, a throttle body - - you need throttle position sensor,
    and maf (mass air flow system)
    or manifold pressure and ambient pressure (speed density)
    O2 sensors (again, what kind)
    and some way to make your distributor act like a cam position sensor as well as being a spark distributor.... right?

what's a good kit to start with -- megasquirt?
    Do they give you a table to start with as an example of a typical install?

Leave a comment:

• SpeedZealot
    started a topic DIY EFI

DIY EFI

I saw someone wanted to know about DIY EFI. What did you want to know, what kind of engine. I've worked on a bunch of different CF EFI projects, so maybe i can help.
Working...
X