Working inside a box...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Working inside a box...

I am all for ingenuity, but it seems that necessity is still the greatest motivator.... HRM this month has a big deal about Bonneville, and I think that the ingenuity that is shown there is a good illustration of my point.

Comment

Re: Working inside a box...

Originally posted by milkovich
      That Audi R10 Diesel is/was pretty out of the box.

I hate that many times sanctioning bodies are the ones holding everyone back. Nascar and Prostock run carbs to keep costs down?"

It seems like Diesels are the wild west right now.

Personally, I don't have the money to mess around with the neat stuff so I keep tinkering with crap I find laying around and am content just to make it run... loud (but I sure admire guys that are out there being creative vs. expending massive resources for incremental gains)
      YES! Diesels are cool. Banks has been doing A LOT with them -- making them RPM, getting rid of smoke, efficiency improvements, etc.

Direct injection is another cool topic -- there was a post over at the Innovate site that linked to an MIT paper that showed the used of direct injected ethanol to reduce detonation in a boosted gasoline engine. Basically, the cooling effect of ethanol direct injection allowed a TON more boost and timing.

Comment

Working...
      X