Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1973 Dart body question.........

I just purchased a 73 dart.

My question is, will 70-72 front end sheet metal fit and follow the 73's body lines?

I have to replace the drivers side fender and the grille, so I thought I would look for a 70-72 front end.

Re: 1973 Dart body question.........

The answer is yes, and no.

The body line on the doors will line up with the body lines on the fenders and the complete front end from the 71-72 will look ok, but the radiator core support and the front bumper mounts are a bit different on the 73-76 models. A little bit of fabrication and drilling some holes will be required, but essentially, yes, you can put the later model front end on the 71-72 body.

Ron
    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

I will probably stick with 73 sheet metal.

Comment

Originally posted by 55falfa

Thanks for the info.

I will probably stick with 73 sheet metal.

Welcome to the wild wonderful wacky world of Mopar A-bodies!

Don't forget to sign up at:

A-Body MOPAR club and forums for the Plymouth Barracuda, Plymouth Valiant, Dodge Dart, Duster and other A-Body Mopar automobiles and Mopar muscle cars, and Classic Mopar parts.

A forum community dedicated to Dodge Dart owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!

A forum community dedicated to Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Chrysler, AMC owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!

Comment

I will.

Thanks......

Comment

Working...
          X