How do you store your tires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you store your tires?

I know you folks spend a LOT of money on your tires and wheels. Many of you race your cars (and trucks!) and have a separate set of tires for racing. My question is this: When not racing, how do you store your tires and what results have you had with them? I know many racers in cooler climates won't see the dragstrip from October through April and I was wondering what they did with their gumballs.

Thanks!

Ron
    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

store tires?

Covered, low-psi, "cool"-temps.

HTH --

Comment

Re: How do you store your tires?

I've alway stored them in the storage room of my basement during the winter, worked for me!!

Comment

I store mine in the living room. Well actually in the study, but it's kind of part of the living room.

Comment

I've seen plastic bags that were made for storing tires. I dont remember what they called them, but they're out there.
          Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by std
            I've seen plastic bags that were made for storing tires. I dont remember what they called them, but they're out there.
            Tire totes.

They are made from polyester and nylon... Very strong and they make storing tires and transoprting them very easy... I use a set for my r compounds.

There is also the tire garage.

This is a nice setup when space maybe a premium. You can store them outside or in a corner somewhere...

We love them so much, we carry them on our site... It beats using trash bags...

Store your tires in a cool, dark place. Stack them flat. I put cardboard between each tire and with more expensive wheels, a layer of packing material.

Comment

See, I told you I saw them. I knew someone around here would know what they were.
              Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Either on the car or in the trunk.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
                  Either on the car or in the trunk.
                  Yeah. I usually store mine squashed between the rim and the garage floor.

Comment

Keep them away from electric motors (furnace, for example) ... any source of ozone can potentially damage the tires long-term.

cheers
                    Ed N.
                    Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                    07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                    88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Working...
                    X