newer camaro 5 speeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newer camaro 5 speeds

has anyone had any issues good or bad when putting a early 90's camaro 5 speed in a older car??? any advise or trans to shy away from?? I've been told the s-10 trans was the same??? seems odd, but.................

Re: newer camaro 5 speeds

Check this site for specs/info on T5's and T5 swaps-

The S10 trans has a different shifter location than the F body trans. The V8 transmissions are stronger and have better ratios than the V6 models. All GM T5's from 88 on are the better world class design. The best of them are only good for moderate power levels. Same problems all the Ford guys have-3rd gear isn't supported well in the case.

Comment

5 speeds

The strongest factory-supplied T-5 was only rated for 330-ft. lbs. torque, max. -- HTH

Comment

s10 t5 trans has pretty steep 1st gear. only has a 1" input shaft. there are parts out ther eto build them a little stronger but you will spend big cash. really depends on what you want. i got an s 10 unit as i needed the foward mounted shifter, im not really sure if ill need a stronger trans, im keeping my eye out for a world class camaro unit and ill stick the s10 tail and top cover on it, if i dont find one in time, then ill try my luck with the s10. i think it will be fine.

Comment

Big into s-10 v-8 swaps and 3rd gen camaro s and can also add that the shifter position on the s-10 version is much further forward then on the camaro.I've put the garden variety v-8 version in my 350 tpi t-a and its lived 3yrs no problem .Course I don't dump the clutch at evey cornner but I do run thru the gears strongly though.

Comment

Working...
          X