Astro Hydroboost question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astro Hydroboost question

I posted this in the Car Craft forums (since they just did an article on this), but only got a couple of responses...

I snagged an Astro Hydroboost and Master Cylinder and plan on installing it in a 70 C-10. I'll also be converting the front brakes to disc. My question is this. Should I buy a proportioning valve that would've originally came with a 71-72 C-10 with disc brakes, or use the proportioning valve that came with the Hydroboost and Master Cylinder? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Astro Hydroboost question

Originally posted by Shannon
    I posted this in the Car Craft forums (since they just did an article on this), but only got a couple of responses...

I snagged an Astro Hydroboost and Master Cylinder and plan on installing it in a 70 C-10. I'll also be converting the front brakes to disc. My question is this. Should I buy a proportioning valve that would've originally came with a 71-72 C-10 with disc brakes, or use the proportioning valve that came with the Hydroboost and Master Cylinder? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    the one for the 71-72 disc brakes
    I'm doing the same thing..
    only I found my set up on a mid 80's 4 by4 oil burner..
    http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/f...splay.php?f=92 has a ton of info on this in there faQ's area

Comment

Thanks Taz. I was pretty sure that it would be the one for the 71-72 C-10's, but I thought I'd ask since we have some GM techs as members. Looks like I'll be ordering that from LMC Truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Shannon
        Thanks Taz. I was pretty sure that it would be the one for the 71-72 C-10's, but I thought I'd ask since we have some GM techs as members. Looks like I'll be ordering that from LMC Truck.
        73-87 works also, if your crawl'n around a junkyard

Comment

The one in my 69 blazer came off a 80's gm 3/4 ton and worked great. It had the same numbering as one my shopmate had on his factory gm 1 ton hydroboost system.

Steve
          Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

If you plan other brake or tire and wheel changes downline it might be worth it to use an adjustable proportioning valve now instead of a fixed factory style unit.
            Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Working...
            X