What do you know about baer brakes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you know about baer brakes?

There is a local ad listing baer brakes for sale. Before I go look and make an offer I'd like to know what I'm looking at. Supposed to be a full set: front/rear

1. Can you tell what type of baer based on the picture?
    2. What would be a fair price?
    3. What should be included in a complete kit?

Thanks, for any help...

JB
    Attached Files
    Powertour off/on since 2002
    sigpic

baer has many kits for many applications, is it for front only ? front and rear ? rotors and calipers ? does the kit have all the hardware, brake lines, bolts, washers, ect ect
    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

They said front and rear and hardware. The calipers don't look like anything currently offered by Baer so research is kinda difficult. I was hoping someone would recognize it. It doesn't say what year A body either.
      sigpic

Comment

Funky looking packaging. Appears to be older PBR style caliper with one piece cast iron zinc washed rotor. You might want to call them and ask what you should be getting instead of some funky Craig's List deal. Might be just what you need for a good price. But why not be sure?
        Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

can you e mail baer, with that pic and explain what car you have and what the part # of a kit they sold at one time would be if it was indeed for your year/make/model.. that way there is no question..
          for all you know these fronts could be for a 82-90's s-10 pick up.. as thats what a lot of a bodys are running on their drum spindles
          goos luck

Comment

Found out more about the kit and passed on it. The biggie was this particular kit was made for a 9inch rear and I have a 12 bolt...
            sigpic

Comment

are you just looking for disc all around or do they have to be big rotors

lows of guys on the team chevelle(I saw you posted there) and the truck site use taxi b body rear brakes or ws6 2nd gen rears..

there also it threads on team chevelle on how to put s-10 disc brakes on your chevelle drum spindle..
              good luck

Comment

Working...
              X