15x10 Honeycomb wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15x10 Honeycomb wheels?

I'm still working on the 78 Trans Am and I'm an old school guy, so I like the big fat tires and wide wheels on the back. I've been looking everywhere for some 15x10 honeycombs but the widest I can find are the original Ws6 15x8s. They make some 17x9s, but 17s are too big for my taste. If anyone knows where I can find what I'm looking for I'd really appreciate it.

you'll have to have a set of 8" cut and wide'n .

Comment

I'm not really sure what "old school" means, but back when that car was almost new, it was very common for hot rods to have mismatched front and rear wheels. Find some 15x10 wheels you like, and run them on the rear. You might even consider finding some narrower front wheels that don't match the rears, if you want to give it a "wannabe drag racer" look. Don't try to make it too nice if you really want it to look old.
      Last edited by squirrel; May 27, 2011, 01:13 PM.
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

If you do decide to get a pair of the OEM wheels widened (which would be awesome), these are the guys to go to:

cheers
        Ed N.
        Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
        07 Mustang GT with some stuff
        88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Thanks Fast Ed, that company seems like a great place and I sent them an email. Have you ever done business with them?

Comment

I have not personally, but know of a few people who have had good dealings with them. They do stuff for some of the OEMs as well, for show cars and prototypes, so they do have a reputation for quality.

cheers
            Ed N.
            Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
            07 Mustang GT with some stuff
            88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

go into the gallery on the weldcraft site and theres a t/a with a set of honeycomb wheels widened, looks so bad ass
              Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

zero offset would be cool

Comment

Yeah those wheels in the gallery look awesome. I'm trying to keep the overall appearance of the car close to stock, but some wide back wheels and air shocks are going to have to be an exception.

Comment

Working...
                  X