Edelbrock Carter Carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Edelbrock Carter Carbs

Thanks, Bill, this helps answer a lot of questions I've had regarding this carb.

Think I'll go pull mine off the intake and get started on those mods.... ;D....no fuel loads today, may as well do something constructive.

Comment

That is a very nice read for sure. Thanks for info.

Mike

Comment

Bill, great info on the AFBs and Edelbrock Carburetors. I hate to say it but I think I'm older than anyone posting on here. I worked in a Pontaic/Buick dealership in the mid 60s and I can't begin to tell you how many AFBs I put pumps in because the orginials were leather and didn't last long and created big stumbles. Bill do you remember the Pontaics with the Big air screw in the middle of the front of the carb? That was something else to adjust. I still run a pair of the CS series on my NSS car. Have had good luck with the 600 Carter and 750 Edelbrocks. I have tried 800 Edelbrocks and have not got them to go any faster than the 750s but believe there is more there, just need to do more tuning work. Thanks again Bill
        Jim N.

Comment

Originally posted by gymracer01
          Bill, great info on the AFBs and Edelbrock Carburetors. I hate to say it but I think I'm older than anyone posting on here. I worked in a Pontaic/Buick dealership in the mid 60s and I can't begin to tell you how many AFBs I put pumps in because the orginials were leather and didn't last long and created big stumbles. Bill do you remember the Pontaics with the Big air screw in the middle of the front of the carb? That was something else to adjust. I still run a pair of the CS series on my NSS car. Have had good luck with the 600 Carter and 750 Edelbrocks. I have tried 800 Edelbrocks and have not got them to go any faster than the 750s but believe there is more there, just need to do more tuning work. Thanks again Bill
          Jim N.
          The problem with the 800s is the 1.75 throttle bores and a shotgun venturi, the 750's actually have a better pressure effect. You can crutch it with the squirters, try a bigger one, and use an agressive step up spring. Its the demon tweak that will get them there. I like the 750 better because of the better venturi to throttle bore ratio.

I remember those single mixture screw carbs. The best you can do with them is to pull the screw out and blow the discharge ports and bowl vents out with shop air before you even start. The modern accelerator pumps are a world away from the old ones for sure. I am glad to see you getting it done with the AFBs.

Comment

Working...
          X