200 R4 input shaft swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200 R4 input shaft swap

I'll try and make this short. I've rebuilt everything on a car except an auto trans so do you think swapping in a hardened input shaft on a 200R4 is something I can do?

once you get the pump out ..there you are
    give it a shot

Comment

Thanks spidey.

Comment

hard to relate the lovely time you can have inside of automatic transmissions

Comment

evil wicked stinky slimey hand slicing patience killing aluminum boxes from Hell!
          Reading , Pa
          Good Guys rodders rep.
          "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
          Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Originally posted by msc66 View Post
            I'll try and make this short. I've rebuilt everything on a car except an auto trans so do you think swapping in a hardened input shaft on a 200R4 is something I can do?
            Hey there,

Do you already have a good forward drum/intermediate shaft in the trans? Are you doing the input shaft for insurance or did you hurt the stock one?

Just curious.

Comment

From a thread he has going in another forum:

Thanks, I had the trans built last year but never put it in the car. I'm trying to find the receipt to see what all he did but I remember that he didn't put a hardened or billet shaft in as he didn't think I needed it but with 450 hp and 523 torque I think I do.
              I believe he is just changing it out to be safe.
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Was just being safe but do you think I need it for my application? Looks like a lot more work than I thought.

Comment

It's one of the easiest hard parts to change, but probably really not necessary at the power level. I ran in the tens on spray for years with a stock input shaft. I would also hate to see you disturb a fresh build. Better to just run it as is, especially since the tranny is an unproven piece. Tough to go back to the builder with a problem when you have had it apart for upgrades.

Comment

Good advice Brian, thanks. I already pulled the pump out so I guess I should get a new gasket for that huh?

Comment

Cheap insurance but it will probably be fine. If your not pressed for time, it's worth the three bucks to have a fresh one.

Comment

Working...
                      X