Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you identify these cylinder heads????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can you identify these cylinder heads????

Nice one, David.... : This thread was NOT meant for you. ;D Now how bout' you edit that and leave it for the rest of the Car Junkies?? lol

Comment

Judging by the condition of that manifold, it's definately a junkyard or ebay piece! Good thing you know how to weld.
      By the way, I've got some spacers and stuff I want to try on my 451, when is the dyno FREE?! Thanks for steering me here! Don

Comment

Originally posted by cudadon
        Judging by the condition of that manifold, it's definately a junkyard or ebay piece! Good thing you know how to weld.
        By the way, I've got some spacers and stuff I want to try on my 451, when is the dyno FREE?! Thanks for steering me here! Don
        Yeah, just ebay junk.. lol The dyno is ready w/e your ready!! Just give me a shout..

Comment

how about these http://predatorheads.com/head-features.htm

Comment

Originally posted by fabricatordave

;)

Comment

and there probably the ones on his car

Comment

I know what they are!!!!!....but I ain't tellin', but I will say this, I have seen them go down the track! ;D

Comment

Those are a set of experimental Pontiac tunnel-port heads, originally designed for a special version SD-428 for the Trans Am racing series but reportedly abandoned due to...

[crickets chirping]...

no takers eh?

Comment

Performance Products "Predator" performance cylinder head.

The intake looks like its got wayyyy to small of plenum for the cubes that crosscection of head needs and when filled with the gas from a plate over the top of that fogger it needs even more room, at the top, and more taper. I don't know if a single will work, that looks like a copied SB2 spider on steroids, get a sheet metal intake Eddie
                    2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                    First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                    2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                    2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC

The intake looks like its got wayyyy to small of plenum for the cubes that crosscection of head needs and when filled with the gas from a plate over the top of that fogger it needs even more room, at the top, and more taper. I don't know if a single will work, that looks like a copied SB2 spider on steroids, get a sheet metal intake Eddie
                      ;D

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC

Yeah, you got that right about the intake... Its off now and the new prototype 4 barrel intake is going on and gonna do some testing with it.. I believe its gonna get a sheetmetal tunnel ram after the testing of the new 4 barrel, thats what these heads really need, although I expect the new cast proto will be much nicer then what I have.

They got the heads right, but the intake was an afterthought.. The new Predator CNC head thats debuting at the PRI show flows over 520cfm and I am told more is left.

Comment

That would make a good spray head lots of room. :o Good luck ,,,,,,, now how can I get that much air in my weeenie motor ;)
                          2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                          First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                          2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                          2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

I would shit can that whole nitrous/carb crap, and set up an E-85 F.I. quad turbo!!!

BUT!, That purple car would fall apart, running in the 6s. ;D

Comment

Uh . . . why quad? Wouldn't one big honkin turbo or at most a pair be sufficient for a couple thousand HP?

Comment

Originally posted by Eric68
                                Uh . . . why quad? Wouldn't one big honkin turbo or at most a pair be sufficient for a couple thousand HP?
                                Would need a pair for a big inch engine. only because no one makes a turbo with the appropriate hot side.
                                www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Working...
                                X