'55 Lincoln 341 Rear Main Seal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '55 Lincoln 341 Rear Main Seal

Does anyone know if there is a neoprene rear main seal to replace the rope for a 1955 Lincoln Capri 341 engine?
    Thanks, George.....
    Last edited by 200WINS; July 11, 2011, 12:48 PM.
    200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
    Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

discusses a bit. What is the diameter on the crank ?
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Oh damn, there's a company that sells vintage gasket sets but made out of modern materials and I forgot the name. They have a rope substitute that is suppose to work. I read an article by Pat Gahnal on it in Street Rodder mag a few years back. The material for the rear main is actually for high temp valve packing. Maybe some one remembers the name. I'd know it if I heard it.
      Tom
      Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Best Gasket is the one mentioned in the article above as the only one offering Neoprene seals for the 312 (larger diameter flange) and I couldn't find the diameter on the 341. The article goes on to discuss what needs to be done to work around various pitfalls that may be encountered.
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I had a customer who came in wanting to know if a better seal was available. So I went to the best automotive think tank in the world bangshift.com. I dont have the crank journal dimensions how ever the Y block sounds pretty close. More research needed, thanks guys.
          200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
          Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Check this website

It doesnt list the same seal for the Ford 312 and the Linc 341 , although similar engines the dizzy and oil pump are the only things that are suppose to interchange.

Comment

Might be worth calling Egge machine to see if they have anything.

Family-owned, world-class piston manufacturer and machine shop that specializes in domestic vehicle pistons, water pumps, etc.

Comment

Working...
              X