700r trans shift point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 700r trans shift point

My trans shifts to soon .Do I have to much tension on the TV cable ? What is the starting point to adjust the cable?

Start at 3/16 to 1/4 inch on the cable. tighter = later shifts. You may need to tune the governor to raise the shift rpm.
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Do you have a shift kit installed? A friend of mine had one installed at a shop and I don't know what they did to it, but it would go into second almost instantly (and harshly) when the shifter was in D or OD.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Rzewnicki View Post
        My trans shifts to soon .Do I have to much tension on the TV cable ? What is the starting point to adjust the cable?
        Tell it to think about baseball...

Comment

Don't the TV cables "self adjust" when you move the throttle to WOT.......If I remember right you move the part of the cable that is attached to the adjuster all the way back, then you move the throttle to WOT(engine off) and it will self adjust. Now that might only be on certain years, but I do remember doing it that way........
          Last edited by TC; July 18, 2011, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Ya I was right, this only applies if you have the self adjusting cable.

Last edited by TC; July 18, 2011, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Or you can always go to a manual valve body .....

Comment

This trans has a Lokar TV cable. Here's how we adjusted it. The gas pedal was held to the floor then I pulled the cable as far as it would go and tightened it up.

When you manually shift it, the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts are really firm but the 3-4 is a little soft. When you let it shift on it's own, regular driving, it shifts immediatly to 2nd...

Is the TV the only thing that controls the part throttle shift point?
                Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by std View Post

Is the TV the only thing that controls the part throttle shift point?
                  Springs n weights in the gov also control part throttle shifts.

Comment

trick for tv cable
                    run the adjuster all the way in in , then open the throttle to wot and it ratchets out , perfect every time

Comment

Working...
                    X