Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Location of heater-door actuator on a 1999 Silverado("new" bodystyle)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Location of heater-door actuator on a 1999 Silverado("new" bodystyle)?

Haynes manuals aren't listing anything on them....can't find Chilton's anymore.

Thinking the door actuator is bad, or something along those lines...coolant is full, no air bubbles...both hoses are hot, so no blockage.

Gotta get to the thing, too cold to just shrug it off, but need to know where the hell it is first....BTW, this does have a center console and the separate facotry CD head if this is under the dash in the middle(which is what I suspect, but no sense in tearing a bunch of shit apart in a "Where's Waldo?"-type hunt).

Found it....took a look at the pic of the heter-box assembly in the book, found "Waldo".

2 of the screws holding that cover/noise damper up are easy enough to get to, but that 3rd screw near the center of the dash?

I'll bet the same guys that came up with the near-inpenetrable CD wrappers thought of this one.

started engine, tunred blower on...one finger on the actuator shaft, turned the blend knob....it's seizing up, had to assist it to turn. Looks like it's time for a new actuator. No, I won't test the new one without it being on the door shaft, screwed in place(will render the new actuator junk).

Comment

Working...
    X