Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

? about direct injection injectors, but for a different use..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? about direct injection injectors, but for a different use..

these injectors must be able to take some heat.. and I'm thinking they would be just the ticket for installing in tail pipes for flames..
    what engines have been out long enough that they are in the lower yards the u pick it, yards
    allot of the yards with new stuff, don't part engines.. unless they are junk..

I know the new camaros use them in the v6 but they run really HIGH fuel pressure But this may just be to overcome the cyl pressures. Will they need this much pressure to work out of the engine???? Why run injectors to make flame throwers? All the customs we put them on there was never a need and we avarage 4 foot flames from each pipe.

Comment

A buddy of mine recently hot-rodded an engine that was originally DI. They disconnected the DI injectors from their fuel supply and fed the engine MPI-style.

What they learned was, the seals in the DI injectors quickly overheated and opened up causing a *catastrophic* failure. Note the emphasis on the word Catastrophic.

So, to use them in real heat/pressure situations you MUST flow fuel through them to cool them. That probably would not be much of an issue in a flamethrowing application - but the REAL question is going to be "how would you control them" - these are high current injectors that need a driver module, then a computer to control the DM.

My first question would be "why?" the only benefit to DI injectors is that they can spray into much higher pressures. If you're spraying into an exhaust pipe which would be at or near atmospheric pressure, why would you go through the trouble to rig up DI injection, a driver module, etc. when you can use a standard port EFI injectors hooked up to a radioshack switch?
      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I didn't think normal injectors would take the heat..

Comment

Originally posted by Stich496 View Post
          I didn't think normal injectors would take the heat..
          Well, in a normal MPFI engine they're bolted into the intake manifold which sees a good amount of heat.
          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

.5 gph nozzle from a hot air furnace.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Fury Jim's '59 Fury in '04. this car was his daily driver from 2000-2008!
              58 Plymouth Sport Suburban. 526 cubic inches of angry wedge! Pushbutton shifted 9 passenger killer!!"

Comment

As long as were talking about famously outrageous NJ cars and guys, lets add the Jersey Torch to the list. I don't have any to start with, but I hope...

Would shoot 75 FEET OF FIRE!!
                58 Plymouth Sport Suburban. 526 cubic inches of angry wedge! Pushbutton shifted 9 passenger killer!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff View Post
                  yeah , he had oxygen bottles under a false floor in his trunk , very nice guy , rest in peace

Comment

Working...
                  X