X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good stuff TC!
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Nice work indeed - that magnifying glass desk lamp is moving to my "shorter" list.
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
        Nice work indeed - that magnifying glass desk lamp is moving to my "shorter" list.
        me too, I caught myself doing the wave (you know, moving your hand with the object up and down like you're waving) trying to read ingredients on a bottle of spaghetti sauce
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Nice! That work station looks a lot like mine, must be the red back drop =P
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Notice my brother doesn't have a static mat, and he's been soldering ICs on circuit boards since 1974.
            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

no static mat here but it sure won't hurt anything to use it, especially in a dry climate. Keep going TC!
              www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

My house is a static nightmare. I insist on having one. I get zapped reaching for about anything.

Comment

carpet? yeah, you should worry about static!
                  My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

My house used to be static-hell in the wintertime, until I burnt all the carpeting and refinished the 150 year old wood floors.

Now I can't even static shock the cat. Bummer....
                    Last edited by STINEY; December 22, 2011, 02:04 PM.
                    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement guys!!!!........funny thing is I was up pretty late last night doing most of this and couldn't understand why the nylon screws that hold the MAP sensor to the board didn't tighten down right(was the last thing I did)......That's when this morning when I looked at it I realized I put the map sensor on the board upside down!!!!!!.......Ya oops, I'm sure glad I got a desoldering tool, I just heated up the solder and sucked it out and then removed the MAP sensor and flipped it right side up and soldered it back on......

So saying that make sure to double check your work and look at the silk screening on the board as it tells you how the components are suppose to be placed.........

Cool thing is it looks like they have a Pin Out list for my car on DIYPNP website, they also seem to have base tune files that are suppose to at least get the car running, but they advise that further tuning will be needed...... But for now, I'm going to double check their Pin Outs with the ones in my manual and then start installing the jumper wires......

Comment

Lego's for adults I say.

Comment

Thanks for posting TC
                          Reading , Pa
                          Good Guys rodders rep.
                          "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                          Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Nice!! I'm really enjoying this one.
                            I'm still learning

Comment

Ok, I got a couple of questions, one is it shows a Knock Sensor installed on my motor and there is a pin out in the manual for it on the factory computer......But when looking at the Jumper list on the DIYPNP website it doesn't seem that they are hooking it up.....I do know the board has a Knock Sensor area.....So I guess the question is why didn't they hook it up and do I really need to have it and if so how hard is it to hookup??

Second, there is a footnote for when hooking up the Injector jumpers, it says,
                              The factory fuel injectors for this vehicle are low impedance, around 2 Ohms each. The injectors are wired back to the ECU in two banks on ECU pins 58 and 59. We used two 10 Ohm 25 Watt resistors, one for each injector bank. The wires would be run from INJ1 out to one side of the first resistor, and from the other side of the resistor out to connectorboard pin # 58. You would duplicate this circuit for INJ2, and finish at connectorboard pin # 59.
                              So just to clarify, I add a 10 Ohm 25w resistor to the jumper wire for the INJ1 and INJ2 jumpers, right??

Comment

Most people don't seem to tune with the knock sensor (I haven't yet gotten mine to do anything useful =/ ). I don't know about the Ford's but the GM's knock module puts out too high of voltage for the MS to take in, so a resistor and diode circuit has to be added for it. The input for it is somewhat a generic input, so I don't really know if it's been repurposed on your PNP kit. Hopefully Matt or Scott know.

From the sounds of the directions, are you sure there isn't already a resistor installed on each bank? Easy enough to check, just start from the pin and follow the lines on the board back through the MS to see if a resistor is in line.

Comment

Working...
                                X