Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tuners Room...

Originally posted by RacerRick
    I was thinking of a small seperate fuel style system of a couple of injectors controlled by the MS. I have an ancient Edelbrock varijection system on it right now with a holley spread bore double pumper. Works ok, but I think with better fuel and spark control, I could safely upgrade to a larger turbo and not hurt the engine.
    That would work, but if you were going through the effort I'd just let MS control both the primary and secondary fuelling. Unless the plumbing work is a hassle.

-scott
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I have been away sick for a few days, but the info here has been great. Going back a page or so, as I understand I really could get a megasquirt and it will take care of the whole thing. I am pretty sure that I can get an FE 36-1 reluctor from them, which would save machining the 4-cyl wheel hub.

I used to have access to Rotunda SAW generator to bypass the EEC and allow the use of the EDIS and stock trigger and dial the timing into the breakout box. Last I checked the megasquirt is right about neck and neck cost wise, and I don't believe the Rotunda was made to run for hours like the Megasquirt would be. Drag racing it was great, but any long distance running might be a problem.

Comment

megasquirt is a good box. There are a lot of RV guys who use it for mileage improvements, that put tens of thousands of miles on it a year. Other guys use it to run their crazy 4wd trucks in the frozen north... other guys are running snowmobiles... a friend of mine runs it on his two stroke jet skis (using a ford MAF sensor!).

Built properly, it's as reliable as an OEM computer. You can go so far as coating the board and potting the case if you want it to handle the weather, but there are a few components on the board not rated for the temp extremes you'd see if you mounted it under the hood.

-scott
        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Thank you Scott, I believe it will be my next move as soon as I can be out of bed more than a few hours at a time

I really appreciate it.

Comment

ON the LT1 route you can also pick up a 36-1 wheel from a bunch of sources like Electromotive and bolt it to the backside of your stock damper. Just tap the holes that are already drilled in the damper. Use a pickup from your favorite source (MSD sells a nice one for $72) and modify an old style SBC mounting bracket to bolt it up to the drivers side front of your block. We did that and it fit fine on a 95 Camaro with a turbo sitting up front.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
              Originally posted by RacerRick
              I was thinking of a small seperate fuel style system of a couple of injectors controlled by the MS. I have an ancient Edelbrock varijection system on it right now with a holley spread bore double pumper. Works ok, but I think with better fuel and spark control, I could safely upgrade to a larger turbo and not hurt the engine.
              That would work, but if you were going through the effort I'd just let MS control both the primary and secondary fuelling. Unless the plumbing work is a hassle.

-scott
              The problem is the turbo intake won't take injectors. Its an old Martin intake and the turbo is a draw through. I could use a TBI setup. I was thinking just a hobbs switch and some sort of mister nozzles might work, controlled by the MS. Maybe I will try to find a working Varijection.

Comment

Working...
              X