some muffler test info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: some muffler test info

Thanks for the input. I feel good about the 3 inch Magnaflows on the Coronet. With the x-pipe it sounds like a high winding small block ;D

Comment

sounds like it might be a good dyno episode..you hear that Dave!!!!

Comment

I like that idea, myself.
        Good one, bro.

Comment

So what you all are saying is I am a Marketings persons dream for buying the new fangled Flowmaster Super 44's for my car. I am not being sarcastic with the following statement, "but if they suck so bad what should I have on my car". By the way it is a 454 HO with a 750 Holley and 2.5" exhaust with a crossover pipe I currently have the flowbastards as far back as I can get them. I am somewhat happy but like any other Car Junkie I want the best I can have.

Comment

Originally posted by 1970camaroRS
            Personally I like to make little kids cry.
            LOL @ "make little kids cry"

I call it loud enough when I can barely crank the radio up enough to hear tunes over the exhaust. Thought I was going to be permanently deaf after Drag Week '06.

FWIW I did an open exhaust vs my homemade X pipe and Hooker Aerochambers and even though the 3" exhaust system weighs a good 40 lbs, the car is faster with the exhaust on -- to the tune of .05 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric68
              Originally posted by 1970camaroRS
              Personally I like to make little kids cry.
              LOL @ "make little kids cry"

I call it loud enough when I can barely crank the radio up enough to hear tunes over the exhaust. Thought I was going to be permanently deaf after Drag Week '06.

FWIW I did an open exhaust vs my homemade X pipe and Hooker Aerochambers and even though the 3" exhaust system weighs a good 40 lbs, the car is faster with the exhaust on -- to the tune of .05 seconds.
              Seriously, I knew my car was something special the day I fired ot up and the little 3 or 4 year old that was walking by ran to his mommy crying.
              1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
              1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Comment

I am running the dynomax muffs. It runs well, but the sound is terrible. Kinda tinny.

I put the super 44's on the wifey's Bel Air. I really like the sound, not too loud, not too quiet. I didn't, however, like the black paint. They're aluminized. leave 'em alone!

Comment

Originally posted by Lux Blue
                  I am running the dynomax muffs. It runs well, but the sound is terrible. Kinda tinny.

I put the super 44's on the wifey's Bel Air. I really like the sound, not too loud, not too quiet. I didn't, however, like the black paint. They're aluminized. leave 'em alone!
                  Which Dynomax mufflers? I've never heard the super turbos sound "tinny".

Comment

I LOVED my warlocks so much I bought a second pair.

They are nice and mellow with the plugs in, and so easy to take the plugs out at the strip...3 wing nuts on each side - absolutely great for a street strip car.
                    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I had a set of Dynomax race mags a while back. They were AWESOME!! Nice and quiet at idle, good cruising, but man, they opened up at WOT.... I loved them.

I have a set of Spintechs now, they are really loud. All the time no matter what they are loud. they sound great, but they are sure loud.

Ax

Comment

I love my Super Turbos! They're nice and rumbly and idle and cruise,and they really roar at WOT.

Comment

To each their own, of course, but I've always liked the Flowmaster sound.

Running a stock-configuration exhaust system, to clarify.....not stock diameters, mind you...Edelbrock T.E.S. headers with AIR tubes removed, no cat...3" back to a stock muffler, 2 1/2" tailpipes wit ugly-ass 3" chrome tips that are gonna get the boot in favor of 3" stainless tips.

Ran an 80-series on an 84 H.O. Z28 I used to own, no complaints. Interior resonance was pronounced, but hell....I like hearing the exhaust.

Considered the SLP "Loudmouth" system for my modified '85 Z28, but is seriously cost-prohibitive(they're too proud of that damn setup)...not to mention the mods necessary to fit it to a 3rd-gen.

The loud, chambered sound is what I like.....the old super turbo's are too quiet for my automotive tastes.

The GMMG chambered exhaust is killer...but there again, another case of being cost-prohibitive(unreal for no more than what it consists of).

Comment

Working...
                          X