X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tiresmoke!
    replied
    Re: some muffler test info

To each their own, of course, but I've always liked the Flowmaster sound.

Running a stock-configuration exhaust system, to clarify.....not stock diameters, mind you...Edelbrock T.E.S. headers with AIR tubes removed, no cat...3" back to a stock muffler, 2 1/2" tailpipes wit ugly-ass 3" chrome tips that are gonna get the boot in favor of 3" stainless tips.

Ran an 80-series on an 84 H.O. Z28 I used to own, no complaints. Interior resonance was pronounced, but hell....I like hearing the exhaust.

Considered the SLP "Loudmouth" system for my modified '85 Z28, but is seriously cost-prohibitive(they're too proud of that damn setup)...not to mention the mods necessary to fit it to a 3rd-gen.

The loud, chambered sound is what I like.....the old super turbo's are too quiet for my automotive tastes.

The GMMG chambered exhaust is killer...but there again, another case of being cost-prohibitive(unreal for no more than what it consists of).

Leave a comment:

• AllenK
    replied

I love my Super Turbos! They're nice and rumbly and idle and cruise,and they really roar at WOT.

Leave a comment:

• Dirt Rod
    replied

I had a set of Dynomax race mags a while back. They were AWESOME!! Nice and quiet at idle, good cruising, but man, they opened up at WOT.... I loved them.

I have a set of Spintechs now, they are really loud. All the time no matter what they are loud. they sound great, but they are sure loud.

Ax

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied

I LOVED my warlocks so much I bought a second pair.

They are nice and mellow with the plugs in, and so easy to take the plugs out at the strip...3 wing nuts on each side - absolutely great for a street strip car.

Leave a comment:

• yellomalibu
    replied

Originally posted by Lux Blue
    I am running the dynomax muffs. It runs well, but the sound is terrible. Kinda tinny.

I put the super 44's on the wifey's Bel Air. I really like the sound, not too loud, not too quiet. I didn't, however, like the black paint. They're aluminized. leave 'em alone!
    Which Dynomax mufflers? I've never heard the super turbos sound "tinny".

Leave a comment:

• Lux Blue
    replied

I am running the dynomax muffs. It runs well, but the sound is terrible. Kinda tinny.

I put the super 44's on the wifey's Bel Air. I really like the sound, not too loud, not too quiet. I didn't, however, like the black paint. They're aluminized. leave 'em alone!

Leave a comment:

• 1970camaroRS
    replied

Originally posted by Eric68
    Originally posted by 1970camaroRS
    Personally I like to make little kids cry.
    LOL @ "make little kids cry"

I call it loud enough when I can barely crank the radio up enough to hear tunes over the exhaust. Thought I was going to be permanently deaf after Drag Week '06.

FWIW I did an open exhaust vs my homemade X pipe and Hooker Aerochambers and even though the 3" exhaust system weighs a good 40 lbs, the car is faster with the exhaust on -- to the tune of .05 seconds.
    Seriously, I knew my car was something special the day I fired ot up and the little 3 or 4 year old that was walking by ran to his mommy crying.

Leave a comment:

• Eric68
    replied

Originally posted by 1970camaroRS
    Personally I like to make little kids cry.
    LOL @ "make little kids cry"

I call it loud enough when I can barely crank the radio up enough to hear tunes over the exhaust. Thought I was going to be permanently deaf after Drag Week '06.

FWIW I did an open exhaust vs my homemade X pipe and Hooker Aerochambers and even though the 3" exhaust system weighs a good 40 lbs, the car is faster with the exhaust on -- to the tune of .05 seconds.

Leave a comment:

• cal67ss396
    replied

So what you all are saying is I am a Marketings persons dream for buying the new fangled Flowmaster Super 44's for my car. I am not being sarcastic with the following statement, "but if they suck so bad what should I have on my car". By the way it is a 454 HO with a 750 Holley and 2.5" exhaust with a crossover pipe I currently have the flowbastards as far back as I can get them. I am somewhat happy but like any other Car Junkie I want the best I can have.

Leave a comment:

• min301
    replied

I like that idea, myself.
    Good one, bro.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Rockford
    replied

sounds like it might be a good dyno episode..you hear that Dave!!!!

Leave a comment:

• mopower58
    replied

Thanks for the input. I feel good about the 3 inch Magnaflows on the Coronet. With the x-pipe it sounds like a high winding small block ;D

Leave a comment:

• 1970camaroRS
    replied

Originally posted by Jim Rockford
    If i can only save one person from not useing flowmasters , my life will be worth something.. :-\
    But, they're the master of flow! What? It's all just advertising? Oh.

Leave a comment:

• BigBlockMopar
    replied

I've mounted the Dynomax mufflers under my '60 NewYorker today if that makes ya feel better? ;)

Leave a comment:

• Jim Rockford
    replied

If i can only save one person from not useing flowmasters , my life will be worth something.. :-\

Leave a comment:

Working...
X