Roll Bar and Chassis Paint...Thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fast Ed View Post
    Epoxy paint will definitely stand up. There was a recent thread on Corner-Carvers about this, many guys reported success using epoxy paint on roll bars and cages, as well as engine bays, etc.

cheers
    Ed N.
    I saw some epoxy boat paint used on a 60s galaxie over the weekend, stuff has a killer shine and is tuff as nails
    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

great post Joe, I soon will need to spray mine.
      Reading , Pa
      Good Guys rodders rep.
      "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
      Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

I painted the wheels on the Crown Vic with Dupli-color semi-gloss black engine paint, after two years of abuse they still look nice so it should also hold up on a roll bar.
        Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Eastwood has a black lacquer that is for engine bays.It holds up to antifreeze as well.would make an excellent roll cage paint.
          The epoxy appliance paint you can buy at lowes is also very durable.Have used it for touchup in the engine bay of my el camino.
          Keep smiling,makes them wonder whats on your mind.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
            What do I know? My cage is still naked. I have a couple of welds to finish (gotta pull the windshield that needs resealing anyhow) and then sand a little and paint.

Keith Turk recommends brush-on Rustoleum. Easy to apply and as important, easy to touch up. Many folks find that they need to add a bar or otherwise modify the cage and it's nice to be able to spiff it up easily. I suggest that you rethink the black, too. At Maxton I've seen MANY black roll bars that are too hot to touch from being in the sun. Not too bad if you're wearing a race suit but murder in a T-shirt and shorts - and hard on the tech guys as they tighten you in the car. I'm probably going with off-white.

Dan
            I like the idea of the off-white Dan -- out-of-the-box thinking so to speak. Look cool with red padding.
            Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

VHT

i'm doing all my chassis and accessories with the VHT chassis gloss... its not really glossy but its a tad smoother finish than the flat ,which will be better to keep clean. it looks like an OEM semi-gloss finish

Comment

Working...
              X