No announcement yet.

emission testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a nice 20 mile drive through the country, and I just pull right up in line and leave it running.
    Originally posted by TC
    also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

good luck.

Pisses me off they have you turn the car off in Chicagoland.

I always wondered if a couple things would work......

If it doesnt pass, take a propane torch with you and get the converter glowing and go back; or find a can the size of your last exhaust pipe, cut a smaller hole in it to keep more heat in the exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by anotheridiot View Post
        good luck.

Pisses me off they have you turn the car off in Chicagoland.

I always wondered if a couple things would work......

If it doesnt pass, take a propane torch with you and get the converter glowing and go back; or find a can the size of your last exhaust pipe, cut a smaller hole in it to keep more heat in the exhaust.
        if it won't pass, it's so fubar it needs attention anyway. Seriously, even in Dallas, if it's running right it will pass.
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

don't plug the tube - it's an air intake so the cat works more efficiently... at least that's what I was told on my 93 Chev truck... true or false, it passed so I was golden
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

the tube isn't completely necessary, it's there in case you have an air pump. If you don't, leave it capped.

How'd it do?

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
              the tube isn't completely necessary, it's there in case you have an air pump. If you don't, leave it capped.

How'd it do?
              The tube has a cap on it out of the box. I'm going in Tuesday to try it again....
              I was just looking through the info they gave me and adding up my reciepts and I'm about $25 from the waiver anyway. I think this should do it though.
              Originally posted by TC

Comment

I had it tested this morning again and I guess catalytic converters work. This time on the HC it was 0.65 the CO was 0.00 and the NOx was 0.87
                I am kinda supprised it tested as low as it did, unless it was a miss-print or something.
                Originally posted by TC

Comment

Excellent - mission accomplished. I hope the tune up and new O2 help it use a bit less fuel too.
                  There's always something new to learn.

Comment

That doesn't surprise me at all. Catalytic converters work.
                    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Right on Squirrel. Other than starting grass fires, I don't have a big problem with replacment cats on street cars that have to have them.

A/F - Nice!

Comment

Good job! Glad that worked out for you. I keep the cats on my DD's no matter what - the Buzz Bomb is the only car I have ever removed one from.

Dan

Comment

Or you could get old cars....none of that nonsense applies to cars from the 50s
                          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Working...
                          X