No announcement yet.

Simple fiberglass bolt on scoop tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found you a hood design Bill...might be a tad heavy though.

eBay Auction

Click image for larger version

Name:	69 hood 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	862693Click image for larger version

Name:	69 hood 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	862692
    Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

Bill I would call Larry Larson he put the scoop on his hood. I am betting they used a 3M panel adhesive Larry's shops Number is 816-690-7555 Troy that rides with him does his body work but Larry would know.
      2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
      First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
      2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
      2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

my lump hood scoop cracked and I hardly moved the car lol, but its flange was to the outside so there was no way to install it without bolting and filling. I like the idea of finishing the scoop and bolt it on and be done with it. You have a definite break point between the two scoops. If the little one fit right on top of the original and had the same vertical edge, I could see filling. There is just no reason here.

If you ever run across another hood though, cut off that original scoop and raise it up those 4 inches with sheet metal and keep the real look, just taller.

Comment

This the rattle can quickie paint job I put on the temp hood form DW '11. I wanted it to look slightly less ghetto for the NMCA deal this weekend. So the trigger frags and it spent most of the weekend on the trailer, perfect.

Unlimited products guys at NMCA race said they'll make a cowl for me at the right height for the tunnel ran setup. I think I'm going to add hood vents form the '13 Mustang to get heat and air flow out form under the hood. Bad or Good idea?
          Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

2013 Mustang GT heat extractors.

[IMG]21azuvs.jpg[/IMG]
            Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by Dignlif View Post
              Found you a hood design Bill...might be a tad heavy though.

eBay Auction

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12187[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12186[/ATTACH]
              Thank you Rich, but I already have one that looks about the same.

Comment

Cool to hear you were able to talk directly to a source that can make something that will match what you want/ need cosmetically and physically.

I think the vents could look good with the right placement and should bleed some of that under hood heat out as desired.
                Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

Good idea.
                  I'm still learning

Comment

1997 Ranger 5.0L HO, GT40 heads/tubular intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, B303, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster mufflers, T5 trans, Tri-Ax shifter, CenterForce Dual Friction clutch, 8.8 Traction Lok 3.55 gears, Cobra 13" front brakes, Cobra 11.65" rear discs.
                    1997 Mustang GT
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X