AN Fitting Question.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AN Fitting Question.......

As I'm getting ready to plumb up the fuel system on the '71 GMC I plan on using 1/2 tubing with tube nuts and sleeves where you flare the end of the tubing and use the tube nut to screw a male AN union onto the tubing......My question is what is the angle of the flare??
    Last edited by TC; April 28, 2012, 03:33 PM.

For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than to Google it for themselves.
    "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

another oddity.
      this stuff got annoying for me fast.

I burst a gas line once, had to work quick. I keep a flare and pipe cutter in the tool boxes.

could not figure out why I had monster vise grips on a tiny 3/16ths flared fitting. seemed simple.

it was the 37 degree, 45 degree problem.

you can win by manhandling, ends up even tighter..but an fittings are overpriced and meant to win beauty contests and star spangled ancient banners.

summit has a nice flare tool , to get it right.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

37* single flare. i bought the flare tool from summit racing when i replaced the fuel lines in the lebaron after i found out the rubber quick connect lines where discontinude

Free Shipping - Summit Racing™ 37 Degree Flare Tool Sets with qualifying orders of $99. Shop Flaring Tools at Summit Racing.

edit: ninja'd
        Last edited by Mater; April 28, 2012, 04:54 PM.
        Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
        Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Thanks for the info guys I didn't think it was a 45 like the flare tool I have is.......Guess I'll get that ordered up......Now just waiting on the bulkhead fittings and I should be good to go.........

Comment

pricey and will not accept a USB cable for fast improvements

Comment

Working...
            X