A little bit of fun in the world.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little bit of fun in the world.

I have been sorting, playing with and finding so many things since we moved here 8 years ago. This place belonged to my in-laws before they passed on. My wife's Dad was a pack-rat, collector, gyppo logger, machinist, mechanic and general metal hound. There is an eighteen foot travel trailer out back with all kinds of things in it. I think I shall occasionally post things I find out there just for grins and giggles. How about an apple crate full of Holly 4v carbs, another full of Holly 2v carbs, and at least four others filled with carbs I haven't checked yet? Could this possibly be fun? Then there is the scrap pile, a most useful thing. Boxes of stuff in and under the shop (really it's just a shed, but it feels so much better about itself when I call it a shop). Stuff hanging from the rafters. That's where I found the valve clamps and the coil spring compressor. Shh! My wife thinks it's all junk!

Show the wife some rare stuff on Ebay and what that can bring. I bet she' ll change her mind.

But eh... WHERE ARE THE PICS damhik!!!
    www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

X2 on the pics !
      Reading , Pa
      Good Guys rodders rep.
      "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
      Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Damn power blips keep dumping the 'puter out today. QX on the pictures. Coming soon. I got three carbs out this AM before the hornets won their point on trespassing. Do not piss off the hornets. They may be social creatures, but only with each other. They consider humans targets of opportunity and call in the clans on you. Turns out I'm still a pretty good broken field runner for an old guy. In the dark of the night I shall engage in chemical warfare with the beasties. That'll learn 'em!

Nothing terribly exciting, but I do enjoy searching through "treasures," and who knows what I may find? Trade goods at least. It looks like there are several intake manifolds under one of the old bunks, oil pans and exhaust manifolds under the trailer, a couple of boxes of pistons, a stack of what appears to be gaskets and seals in factory packages in one corner, a number of pins, bushings and bearings in packaging, at least one v8 crank as yet unidentified wrapped in a greased towel, intake and possibly pan trays, heads, valves, etc. Worst comes to worst, it's scrap metal, but I'd rather not do that. Too many parts have gone away because of that. I'd rather find people who need the stuff and trade. No doubt most of this is common and part is useless, but some of it may be of benefit to someone.

1) Holley D0PF 9510 U (numbers on the horn)
        LIST 4548-S

2) FoMoCo (numbers on the tag)
        C3AF R
        A 2LB

3) Autolite
        C8AP AN
        B 7L20

The first two are 4v, the last 2v.

Comment

Working...
        X